Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer

Thread: Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    IBFTL.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    KNOCK it OFF !!!!

I don't care for these types of posts, we are grown men. Use due diligence before every purchase. I was ready to purchase a F6B back in March from Honda of Russellville but held off due to the Paint issue. I decided to wait until there is a solution from Honda or I decide to have my F6B custom painted or clear coated before I take pocession. I have read about the different windshields and have decided to design and create my own. I am excersizing MY due diligence.

I have been biting my lip since this post started but now it is going towards the toilet. This website doesn't need this type of crap, asking members to be silent or not post about their experiences whether applicable or not to the F6B is OUT of Line in my opinion, take the advise given and come to your OWN conclusion.

We all make mistakes, sometimes they are expensive (that's the price of the lesson and that's life), you have to swallow your pride and admit that you screwed up. Trust me, I have paid for many lessons in my day, but NEVER placed the blame on others. I have shared my lessons/experiences with others so that they don't go through the same anguish that I did.

One size shoe does NOT fit everyone, that's why you have choices. I PERSONALLY do NOT see an issue with the pipes, they are one of three on my radar of choices for when I take delivery on my F6B.

I don't like deleting threads, but sometimes it is unavoidable and necessary to keep the harmony of a great website. Keep it positive and take advise with a grain of salt. Respect this website for what it is, a virtual home. KEEP the trash outside. USE the PM feature if you have a issue with someone and deal with them directly. Visit this website for a GOOD time nothing less.

I have been and continue to be on many websites and one thing that my friends will tell you about me is that I don't tolerate Cry-babies, Quitters, Barney Fife's, Connivers, Liars, Thieves or Pussies. I put on my Big Boy panties when I come to these sites and prepare to have an ADULT dialogue (with a little bit of ribbing at times), for those of you that need a pair, Wal-Mart has a sale going on right now .... 3 for $6.00

Well said!

Phantom6B, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    I have two things two add:
    I heard from Cobra that they have a setup for the F6B that should be available sometime in June or July.
    Second, Phantom 6B, let me know how your windshield mod is progressing, I may hold off purchasing a new one until I see what you have working. Let me know if you need a bike to test it on. When do you think you'll have something ready?

F6BEAST
    JOHN

My Tri-Oval installation

FYI - I installed my Cobra Tri-Ovals last night. They fit exactly as I expected they would based on photos posted here (thanks Beagle). They sound excellent at idle, and to my surprise, I can barely hear them while driving (no helmet ). As I've been experiencing a "hesitation", actually more of a dead spot between 2-2.5k RPM when not fully warmed up, I thought I'd do the ECM reset after they were installed. It took 15 minutes of idling in place (ambient temp ~80F) for the fans to kick on and off. The bags were not hot, barely warm.

I just thought I'd offer my observations regarding the Tri-Ovals.

Quote Originally Posted by erazor55 View Post
    FYI - I installed my Cobra Tri-Ovals last night. They fit exactly as I expected they would based on photos posted here (thanks Beagle). They sound excellent at idle, and to my surprise, I can barely hear them while driving (no helmet ). As I've been experiencing a "hesitation", actually more of a dead spot between 2-2.5k RPM when not fully warmed up, I thought I'd do the ECM reset after they were installed. It took 15 minutes of idling in place (ambient temp ~80F) for the fans to kick on and off. The bags were not hot, barely warm.

I just thought I'd offer my observations regarding the Tri-Ovals.
    That's great news and has indeed been my experience with the Tri Ovals as well!!!! My opinion is they look great on the bike and I have had many compliments. Enjoy them bud!!!

Beagle

reverb in the rider's helmet
    Another reason to keep the stock mufflers.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAST View Post
    Phantom6B, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    I have two things two add:
    I heard from Cobra that they have a setup for the F6B that should be available sometime in June or July.
    Second, Phantom 6B, let me know how your windshield mod is progressing, I may hold off purchasing a new one until I see what you have working. Let me know if you need a bike to test it on. When do you think you'll have something ready?

F6BEAST
    JOHN

Beast,
    I have 3 different prototypes, 2 have already been tested on a F6B with excellent results, as soon as the final testing on the end design is complete, I will post images. The purpose of my designs is 2 fold .... to keep the "Cool" factor by making the shield short and the rider continues to look over it while the wind is deflected over and around him. The 2 tested prototypes still allowed the rider to hear the radio at 70mph while still looking over them. The wind barely touched the top of his helmet. Patience, I am very particular of what I fabricate or have made for me. It will take a little bit of time.

This is the Set-up to be released in June or July by COBRA

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...-COBRA-Exhaust

Cool

Beast, Welcome....if you have not ridden a F6B give me a call...we can meet up and you can ride mine.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Beast, Welcome....if you have not ridden a F6B give me a call...we can meet up and you can ride mine.....

Steve - thanks for the offer, I got mine a couple of days ago and I have about 500 miles on her. If you still have my number give me a call and maybe we can set something up for a ride and lunch, I do have a ton of questions for you.

Plan on Sun lunch in Daytona or futher North ...I will call
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com