Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
Bill,

I am the one who posted about having the Cobra Tri Ovals on MY F6B. The post also included a photo of them on MY bike showing that they clearly did not make it past the end of the bags. As far as a drone, I don't notice any drone and went as far as to have a friend ride behind me the other night to listen and he also said he could hear no drone while riding right behind me. As far as extra heat, there is none. A Standard Goldwings pipes do not clear the rear of the saddlebags either so the myth of extra heat is a load of BS. I came back from a 400 km ride the other night and the area above the tri ovals was no warmer than the rest of the bike. They look great "to me" and the sound good " to me". That is exactly what I posted in the thread.
Don't post looking to blame someone because you bought something and don't like it. I posted the information and remember the thread as clearly as the day I posted.
Sorry you don't like your pipes but its no ones fault but your own. Sounds like you tried them for a whole day.
Put them up for sale online and you will surely get most of your money back.
There are many on here that have bought windshields, throttle locks and other accessories and decided it wasn't for them.
You are the first to try to blame someone else for it!!!!

Here are the pics of MY EXHAUST, ON MY F6B in MY GARAGE!!!!

Attachment 222Attachment 223

Beagle

You're getting me all wrong man (don't know you're real name Beagle). It wasn't just your telling me, it is many posts of other people that haven't even installed what they are talking about on a F6B, and don't really know if their advice etc. is applicable.

I liked the Cobra pipes allot.
I didn't catch that the Cobra pipes were short in the picture. I wish you had mentioned that, but it isn't your fault.

"Deciding it wasn't for them" isn't the issue so COOL DOWN!

If your preference is to have your pipes end under your bags and you've done that with other bikes - cool, shame on me.
But if you knew something wasn't right and you said nothing but will live with and like it anyway, then didn't mention this, it would be suspect.

Since you did post pictures you did attempt to show they didn't fit like the OEM ones - I just wished you would have mentioned it, because some of us miss the details - you assumed the experience, and espertise, and assured me you loved them. Still - my fault.
BTW I always describe my pictures and show arrows to help those who may miss something - you let the pics speak and said nothing - OK, I believe you.

I disagree with you about the heat and the loud whine, drone, of the engine. They are 3" shorter than our OEM pipes which puts the exhaust gases and heat right under the rear of the bags.This part above the pipes has a hollow chamber that echo's all this up into the bike - that's why most bike exhausts go past the bags. BY "past" or "clear" I mean "clears the end of the bag".

I have since noticed on Ebay and retail sites that they are all saying 2013 after market Goldwing pipes will fit the F6B, and they show pictures of the pipes not clearing the bags. That's not a "Fit", so all of us BEWARE.

I honestly doubt if very many, other than you, would like their dual pipes underneath their bags.

I stand by my statement to most who are posting advice,
If you ain't done it,
You don't really have a F6B but you did the "advice" to another bike,
or doesn't fit, you made it fit, or you had some other problem,
let us know before we throw our money away on an opinion!