Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-F6B Owners Advice Disclaimer

No one mentioned it in this thread, but I have certainly heard dozens of posts where people blame the admins for bad deals, bad advice, flippers, bad groups buys, etc, etc. it feels good to be a part of a community, but you gotta keep in mind they will sell a bike to anyone. There's no application process.

Quote Originally Posted by billphoenix View Post
    No one mentioned this forum or administrators being responsible for anything, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate "buyer beware".

I think the main problem is that the F6B is a brand new configuration bike and although it is based on a Goldwing, it is not the same in many respects.

For instance the bags are farther back and Goldwing Exhaust won't clear them...as already described.
    I also let readers know of one brand of Headlight Modultor that wouldn't work on our bike, and one that did.

Many other things are different too - so advice is appreciated but like I said - if you haven't tried it on the F6B it may not work.

Once you have tried something and you are sure it works, please let everyone know, and we'll return the favor.
    Just to correct you on one point the bags on the F6 are exactly the same as the bags on the 2012+ Wing the shorter pipes question is not exclusive to the F6, the bags on the 2001-2010 are shorter now when the new bike came out all it seems most most manufacturers did was to just confirm the mounts and the fit and not worry on the length and just change the fitment guide to say 2012+.

I have the Rush pipes on my bike while the length is not ideal its more a aesthetic issue than heat and noise issue for me as such

The 2012+ bike is longer in the body than the earlier bike as I found out when it would not fit on my Stinger trailer

I have a couple of customers with Cobra slip-ons on their Wings one is a 2012, do not know the other year. The guy with the twelve said he removed the baffles and loves the sound but they reverberate in all his helmets except the shorty. The pipes look very short, not nearly long enough. Cobra needs to offer a tip that extends beyond the bag, like the stock. I don't know if that causes the reverb in the rider's helmet but seems to be a common thread.

Can anybody else add something.

BTW the sound without the baffles is very good, deep, mellow, not too loud.
    PBlair
    Phil@TexasCycleChrome.com
    2004 GL1800 White
    2012 H-D Ultra Classic Limited Black
    2013 F6B Black

Quote Originally Posted by pblair View Post
    I have a couple of customers with Cobra slip-ons on their Wings one is a 2012, do not know the other year. The guy with the twelve said he removed the baffles and loves the sound but they reverberate in all his helmets except the shorty. The pipes look very short, not nearly long enough. Cobra needs to offer a tip that extends beyond the bag, like the stock. I don't know if that causes the reverb in the rider's helmet but seems to be a common thread.

Can anybody else add something.

BTW the sound without the baffles is very good, deep, mellow, not too loud.
    With my Rush pipes there is some reverb but not sure if its the pipes on the bags or just the way the pipes are, I did consider looking for some longer 4" tips but found nothing guess I could try to find someone with a lathe and get them to make some extensions and try it, that said I did ride without tips for a few days and there was not much difference (not sure what to do with that info)

I can not speak to the reverb as I extended my pipes ...as far as Cobra goes, I was told by the owner of a company that sells them that Cobra would not be extending their pipes...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    At the end of they day there are things that will work for some and not for others.
    I for one, love my Cobra Tri Ovals. They fit the bike and yes they don't go past the end of the bags but that works for me. They don't work for Bill.
    We are all ultimately responsible to research before buying anything. If we don't do our own due diligence we have to live with the result. I think pictures say a lot but if you don't take the time to look closely, well you just may end up with something different than you had hoped for.
    Wow, you are showing that you knew they were not the same fit as the OEM so you included pictures BUT SAID NOTHING! And it's my fault for not catching it.

Only one of your pictures looks a little short and it's fuzzy, and the other is straight toward the back and you can't tell.

Your pictures were misleading and so is your intentions, or you wouldn't be so defensive.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, not anymore.

I'm at fault and you are dishonest - that's the facts, jack!

Have a great day.

'
    Quote Originally Posted by billphoenix View Post
    Wow, you are showing that you knew they were not the same fit as the OEM so you included pictures BUT SAID NOTHING! And it's my fault for not catching it.

Only one of your pictures looks a little short and it's fuzzy, and the other is straight toward the back and you can't tell.

Your pictures were misleading and so is your intentions, or you wouldn't be so defensive.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, not anymore.

I'm at fault and you are dishonest - that's the facts, jack!

Have a great day.

Wow Bill for an adult you sure deflect personal responsibility like a child. I guess it's today's new standard. I posted a picture and shouldn't have to spell it out and put arrows. The pic speaks for itself. Do your research, as I did, then make your decision and accept responsibility for it bud.
    The photos are crystal clear and certainly the first one shows the length of the pipes.
    You are way offside here amigo.

IBFTL.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    KNOCK it OFF !!!!

I don't care for these types of posts, we are grown men. Use due diligence before every purchase. I was ready to purchase a F6B back in March from Honda of Russellville but held off due to the Paint issue. I decided to wait until there is a solution from Honda or I decide to have my F6B custom painted or clear coated before I take pocession. I have read about the different windshields and have decided to design and create my own. I am excersizing MY due diligence.

I have been biting my lip since this post started but now it is going towards the toilet. This website doesn't need this type of crap, asking members to be silent or not post about their experiences whether applicable or not to the F6B is OUT of Line in my opinion, take the advise given and come to your OWN conclusion.

We all make mistakes, sometimes they are expensive (that's the price of the lesson and that's life), you have to swallow your pride and admit that you screwed up. Trust me, I have paid for many lessons in my day, but NEVER placed the blame on others. I have shared my lessons/experiences with others so that they don't go through the same anguish that I did.

One size shoe does NOT fit everyone, that's why you have choices. I PERSONALLY do NOT see an issue with the pipes, they are one of three on my radar of choices for when I take delivery on my F6B.

I don't like deleting threads, but sometimes it is unavoidable and necessary to keep the harmony of a great website. Keep it positive and take advise with a grain of salt. Respect this website for what it is, a virtual home. KEEP the trash outside. USE the PM feature if you have a issue with someone and deal with them directly. Visit this website for a GOOD time nothing less.

I have been and continue to be on many websites and one thing that my friends will tell you about me is that I don't tolerate Cry-babies, Quitters, Barney Fife's, Connivers, Liars, Thieves or Pussies. I put on my Big Boy panties when I come to these sites and prepare to have an ADULT dialogue (with a little bit of ribbing at times), for those of you that need a pair, Wal-Mart has a sale going on right now .... 3 for $6.00

Well said!

Phantom6B, I couldn't have said it better myself!
    I have two things two add:
    I heard from Cobra that they have a setup for the F6B that should be available sometime in June or July.
    Second, Phantom 6B, let me know how your windshield mod is progressing, I may hold off purchasing a new one until I see what you have working. Let me know if you need a bike to test it on. When do you think you'll have something ready?

F6BEAST
    JOHN