Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    Yes, you can remove both side covers with the seat on.

This is the Mustang F6B Deluxe seat

Attachment 3062 Attachment 3063

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

KJ
    What part of the seat was redesigned?
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

The front of the pan mold was changed so that flange would fit further up and cover the gap at the top and sides shelter. The rear seat bolt brackets were removed from the seat pan.

With these changes, the seat now slides further forward and it is easier to line up the side bolts and saddlebag latches with the hand rails.

Mustangs lead engineer called me today and we discussed the seat. He told me they would be producing a installation video slated to shoot on Monday.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The front of the pan mold was changed so that flange would fit further up and cover the gap at the top and sides shelter. The rear seat bolt brackets were removed from the seat pan.

With these changes, the seat now slides further forward and it is easier to line up the side bolts and saddlebag latches with the hand rails.

Mustangs lead engineer called me today and we discussed the seat. He told me they would be producing a installation video slated to shoot on Monday.
    Thanks KJ, I had a Mustang Seat on my VTX and loved it and it looks comfortable too.
    Avatar is a photograph I took July 4th 2009 of a flag and cannon located on Freeman's Farm at Saratoga National Park in Stillwater, New York. A location of a Revolutionary battle field and an American victory over the British in the Autumn of 1777. Let us give thanks to all Veterans past and present for their sacrifice.

If anyone knows where that seat can be seen in central Fl ...please post the location!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Thanks Kjelders, nice looking seat and it sounds like Mustang treated you right.
    Jakec

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    . The rear seat bolt brackets were removed from the seat pan.
    Doesn't take much to stump me, but I assume we are talking about the cross-bracket that attaches to the underneath side of the OEM seat, and then to the very back of the bike,,, out by the tail end of the pillion?

Or, the rear (2) of the (4) main seat bolts?

I'm corn-fused,,,

Can we get a matching backrest pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Doesn't take much to stump me, but I assume we are talking about the cross-bracket that attaches to the underneath side of the OEM seat, and then to the very back of the bike,,, out by the tail end of the pillion?

Or, the rear (2) of the (4) main seat bolts?

I'm corn-fused,,,
    The cross bracket mount that was on the OEM and on the first Mustang Seat it was a bracket bar on each side that mounts to the body of the bike. Those two bars/mount are not there on the redesigned seat.

Attachment 3078
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Can we get a matching backrest pad?
    Are you talking about a driver's backrest or the passenger backrest? The Mustang seat is designed so as not needing a driver's backrest. As far as the passenger backrest, it you want the cover to match I would find someone local to recover it to match.

Presently, my stock passenger backrest matches the Mustang seat fairly well as it was recovered when I had the custom Rich's Seat. However, I bought a Utopia F6B backrest and hondabikepro is making a bracket so I can use it for a replacement for the passenger backrest. My wife feels she needs a larger surface area backrest that is both adjustable up and down and forward and back. Those adjustments are built in to the Utopia backrest designed already. I will have it recovered to match the Mustang seat cover. This should make a great passenger backrest.
    KJ
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]