Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13

Passenger backrest. I couldn't get the Mustang site to work last night. I'll try again today.

Nope, still won't respond.

Finally, I was able to ride the bike with the redesigned Mustang Seat. I definitely like the lower position. I would say it lowered the seating position about 3/4". The built in lower lumbar support is perfect for me. No need for a backrest and that was the plan. I only was able to do a little over 100 miles, but I don't foresee any issue doing 600+ miles in a day with this seat.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool glad it's working out for you now.
    I am wanting to get 1 but Ultimate is coming out with there seat in a few days.
    (Per email I received today)
    I was going to ride and meet Steve-0080 and we were going to check it out.
    Ok he's done

Hey All,
    That Mustang seat looks great and is real tempting. I am concerned that it sits back too far, though.

Would someone who has one of these seats measure the distance from the crease in the seat to the bottom of the gas cap panel? The stock seat measures 19.5", for instance.

Thanks!

Cool

Great posts. The Mustang seat is on my list after Christmas. I have a Utopia drivers backrest on the OEM seat. Even though you said the mustang is designed not to need a backrest, do you know if you could still use the Utopia? Really like the higher firm support and adjustability. It would seem that you could mount it just like it was mounted to the original. Thanks, NCF6B

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    Great posts. The Mustang seat is on my list after Christmas. I have a Utopia drivers backrest on the OEM seat. Even though you said the mustang is designed not to need a backrest, do you know if you could still use the Utopia? Really like the higher firm support and adjustability. It would seem that you could mount it just like it was mounted to the original. Thanks, NCF6B

Good question. Yesterday I got to see the newly revised...latest edition of the Mustang seat on kjelders bike, as three of us did a little ride. The seat looks great. But in answer to your question, I would have to say a definitive...NO. The riders' backstop is so high, that it would preclude being able to install a Utopia in that area, due to the thickness of the seat/foam. If you are NOT going to ever carry a passenger, I suppose you could mount the Utopia a little further back, and have it adjusted forward, so you could make contact with it. BTW, I do have a Utopia on my own bike, and have on a few bikes, so I am familiar with them.

I believe you would have a serious issue getting through the thickness of the seat foam, to be able to slide the Utopia frame into the seat, secure the Utopia frame to the underside of the seat pan, and have the Utopia pad be usable. Additionally, the Utopia is designed to fit correctly to the OEM seat pan. Utilizing an original hole in the seat pan. So, has anyone else installed a Utopia onto their aftermarket seat...that does NOT use the OEM pan, i.e., a Corbin ?

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post

Miles is correct on his assessment.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, let's try again ...

"Hey All,
    That Mustang seat looks great and is real tempting. I am concerned that it sits back too far, though.

Would someone who has one of these seats measure the distance from the crease in the seat to the bottom of the gas cap panel? The stock seat measures 19.5", for instance.

Thanks! "

Was the question too complicated? No one with a Mustang seat knows how to use a tape measure? Is it too difficult to go make this measurement? This info might me useful to others as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so let me re-word it. What is the distance from the bottom of the gas cap panel to the base of the driver's backrest (the stock distance is 19.5")? Any takers?

20.25"

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    "Hey All,

Thanks! "

Was the question too complicated? No one with a Mustang seat knows how to use a tape measure? Is it too difficult to go make this measurement? This info might me useful to others as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so let me re-word it. What is the distance from the bottom of the gas cap panel to the base of the driver's backrest (the stock distance is 19.5")? Any takers?
    I put end of measuring tape in space at bottom of gas door and measured to seam at start of backrest, 20 and 1/4 inches. Jim