Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re-designed Mustang Seat Shipping out 11/13

Mustang Seat

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    "Hey All,
    That Mustang seat looks great and is real tempting. I am concerned that it sits back too far, though.

Would someone who has one of these seats measure the distance from the crease in the seat to the bottom of the gas cap panel? The stock seat measures 19.5", for instance.

Thanks! "

Was the question too complicated? No one with a Mustang seat knows how to use a tape measure? Is it too difficult to go make this measurement? This info might me useful to others as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so let me re-word it. What is the distance from the bottom of the gas cap panel to the base of the driver's backrest (the stock distance is 19.5")? Any takers?
    No response may be because very few have received their seat, since they had to be re-done. I just received mine late last night. Mine measures 20".

Thank you both, Jim and Tbone. That is very good info.

"Hey All,
    That Mustang seat looks great and is real tempting. I am concerned that it sits back too far, though.

Would someone who has one of these seats measure the distance from the crease in the seat to the bottom of the gas cap panel? The stock seat measures 19.5", for instance.

Thanks! "

Was the question too complicated? No one with a Mustang seat knows how to use a tape measure? Is it too difficult to go make this measurement? This info might me useful to others as well.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, so let me re-word it. What is the distance from the bottom of the gas cap panel to the base of the driver's backrest (the stock distance is 19.5")? Any takers?
    I'm sure your intentions are good, and by now you have two measurements, but just FYI you are sorta coming off as a prick. Not everybody has a mustang, and those who do may not have the ability to drop whatever they are doing and go measure it for you. If you were in such a large rush that you needed to get uppity with forum members I am quite sure a phone call to Mustang would have yielded an answer without making you come off in a bad light.

Got mine back yesterday, already installed it, looks good, raining too much to try it out and hope not to have to take it off anytime soon, as it was a pain to get it installed along with saddlebag release levers as my seat is almost touching the arms, and leaves a little gap at bottom of hand rail and little plastic cover that bolt goes through kept getting pushed out of cover, but is on now, as wife said leave it alone.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

I didn't see where anyone has spoken to you in this manner. If you feel the need to belittle people, please do it elsewhere. This type of condescending talk will not get you far on this Forum, NO ONE is obligated to do anything especially when they read this type of CRAP. Come to this site to enjoy what people have to say, don't come on here to piss people off.

We all have bad days and if this is the case, .... or go for a ride.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I like my Rus-Cor seat

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    I like my Rus-Cor seat

Hook, if you dont mind sharing, whats a rough "all in" cost for that seat set up? I like the smugler alot, but doing an RDL would make far more sense comfort wise. I fear the number may be above my paygrade though.

Question New Redesign Seat

With the new design and the seat moving farther forward does this mean you loose the extra inch farther back than stock. I'm very interested in this seat but being one inch lower than stock just not sure looking for comments from others. Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    The front of the pan mold was changed so that flange would fit further up and cover the gap at the top and sides shelter. The rear seat bolt brackets were removed from the seat pan.

With these changes, the seat now slides further forward and it is easier to line up the side bolts and saddlebag latches with the hand rails.

Mustangs lead engineer called me today and we discussed the seat. He told me they would be producing a installation video slated to shoot on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    With the new design and the seat moving farther forward does this mean you loose the extra inch farther back than stock. I'm very interested in this seat but being one inch lower than stock just not sure looking for comments from others. Thank you..
    The sitting position is further back than stock, approximately 3/4". Getting the nose of the seat further forward was redesigned to close the gap at the front and to line up the side rail bolts. I installed the MBL risers ahead of time that moves the bars back 3/4". It is lower than stock approximately by 1". I'm 6' with 34" inseams.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    [QUOTE=F6BPDX;16077] whats a rough "all in" cost for that seat set up? (/QUOTE]

My wild azz guess, all said and done,,, "High teens". (without heat)