Buffeting

Thread: Buffeting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When I purchased my '15 F6 from a fellow forum member here a couple of years ago, it had a dark gray 11" Mastad on it. At the time of purchase, I said to myself: "that ugly thing will be the first thing to be replaced." When I finally got the chance to ride the bike, I was totally surprised and impressed with this "ugly duckling". Even though I didn't care for the looks, it just worked so darn well that I didn't want to replace it....one of the best, if not the best, windshield I've ever sat behind. I also started getting comments on how well it complemented the bike's looks. I got to the point where I no longer cared about the looks. Matter fact, I got to where I kinda liked the looks.
    FWIW, I also own a GW trike and have tried several windshields on it over the years with varying degrees of success/failure. Finally, my wife had enough of the wind/buffeting even though I was fine. She asked if we couldn't take the windshield off the F6 and use it on the GW trike....LOL. She loves the performance of the Mastad on the F6. Obviously, pulling the Mastad off the F6 was NOT going to happen. So just this past week, I ordered a new 12" Mastad in dark gray for that GW trike. Our hope is that it performs as well on the trike as it does on the F6. We shall see here in another week, but I have no doubt that it will.
    Last edited by lgjhn; 04-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.