Buffeting
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffeting

Buffeting

Happy Easter everyone, what is the best windshield to stop the wind from blowing my head around at higher speeds. Thanks in advance for all your help. Ronbo 2013 FB6 GOT THE 13 INCH MEDIUM GRAY MASTAD
    I will let you know thanks
    Last edited by Ronbo; 04-02-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: more info MORE INFO

RONBO'S bike is a 2013 FB6

I think most people will say the Mastad is the best for wind protection. Some do not like the looks and they are one of the most expensive but well worth it to me. Had a Klock Works which was not very effective. If you look at some of the newer bikes the two piece shield is gaining in popularly and I think it is because it is effective. Also look at "for sale" windshields, often many brands are offered for sale as people look for the perfect shield but seldom is a Mastad because Mastad ends that search.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I think most people will say the Mastad is the best for wind protection. Some do not like the looks and they are one of the most expensive but well worth it to me. Had a Klock Works which was not very effective. If you look at some of the newer bikes the two piece shield is gaining in popularly and I think it is because it is effective. Also look at "for sale" windshields, often many brands are offered for sale as people look for the perfect shield but seldom is a Mastad because Mastad ends that search.

+1 Yep the best in performance, not so much in looks
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Everyone that has a Mastad (sp) seems to love it, but I really don’t like the looks. I recently put a Clearview SportTour, Medium Height, Dark, Recurve, with vent on my bike and I love it. I have it at the highest position and the air flows just over the top of my helmet. I do have Baker Mirror Wings also. I’m about 6’ and am riding on the stock seat.

And it looks GREAT and the quality is a 10. No good pictures yet but I will post a few when I get a chance to take them.

My real evaluation will be in early May, a 7-day trip to eastern Arizona and western New Mexico, probably just over 2k miles that week. I did get in a 240 mile ride the other day and I really liked how it performed.
    Last edited by F6Bster; 04-02-2018 at 07:44 AM.

------- is by far the best shield out there.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I put off getting a ------- for 3 years because of looks.Now that I have it and have about 2000 miles behind it I find it very beautiful because it out performs any windshield I have ever ridden behind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    +2... love the way it works. Love the look. I think the industrial (?) look w it’s exposed hardware kind of enhances the bad assedness of the F6B. YMMV.

Ride safe!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

I did not like it at first before putting it on my bike. Now I like it think it looks futuristic and matches the bike perfectly. It can be much shorter than you are so easy to look over it. The wind is deflected much higher than the shield itself.

Have a 2013 and had a OEM Tall Honda Shield with vent installed before taking delivery of the bike! That was 56K miles ago and no regrets. I'm 6'2" and have a stock seat. The height is perfect and no buffeting ever encountered.

Ride Safe

bob109

When I purchased my '15 F6 from a fellow forum member here a couple of years ago, it had a dark gray 11" Mastad on it. At the time of purchase, I said to myself: "that ugly thing will be the first thing to be replaced." When I finally got the chance to ride the bike, I was totally surprised and impressed with this "ugly duckling". Even though I didn't care for the looks, it just worked so darn well that I didn't want to replace it....one of the best, if not the best, windshield I've ever sat behind. I also started getting comments on how well it complemented the bike's looks. I got to the point where I no longer cared about the looks. Matter fact, I got to where I kinda liked the looks.
    FWIW, I also own a GW trike and have tried several windshields on it over the years with varying degrees of success/failure. Finally, my wife had enough of the wind/buffeting even though I was fine. She asked if we couldn't take the windshield off the F6 and use it on the GW trike....LOL. She loves the performance of the Mastad on the F6. Obviously, pulling the Mastad off the F6 was NOT going to happen. So just this past week, I ordered a new 12" Mastad in dark gray for that GW trike. Our hope is that it performs as well on the trike as it does on the F6. We shall see here in another week, but I have no doubt that it will.
    Last edited by lgjhn; 04-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.