Buffeting - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffeting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have a 2013 and had a OEM Tall Honda Shield with vent installed before taking delivery of the bike! That was 56K miles ago and no regrets. I'm 6'2" and have a stock seat. The height is perfect and no buffeting ever encountered.

Ride Safe

bob109

When I purchased my '15 F6 from a fellow forum member here a couple of years ago, it had a dark gray 11" Mastad on it. At the time of purchase, I said to myself: "that ugly thing will be the first thing to be replaced." When I finally got the chance to ride the bike, I was totally surprised and impressed with this "ugly duckling". Even though I didn't care for the looks, it just worked so darn well that I didn't want to replace it....one of the best, if not the best, windshield I've ever sat behind. I also started getting comments on how well it complemented the bike's looks. I got to the point where I no longer cared about the looks. Matter fact, I got to where I kinda liked the looks.
    FWIW, I also own a GW trike and have tried several windshields on it over the years with varying degrees of success/failure. Finally, my wife had enough of the wind/buffeting even though I was fine. She asked if we couldn't take the windshield off the F6 and use it on the GW trike....LOL. She loves the performance of the Mastad on the F6. Obviously, pulling the Mastad off the F6 was NOT going to happen. So just this past week, I ordered a new 12" Mastad in dark gray for that GW trike. Our hope is that it performs as well on the trike as it does on the F6. We shall see here in another week, but I have no doubt that it will.
    Last edited by lgjhn; 04-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.

I took the advice and ordered the 13 inch med. Gray mastad

Congrats on a good purchase from a good company. Look forward to your ride report.

Jason

103,000 miles with a -1 tinted sheild and can not figure out what buffeting anyone is talking about. I wear a full face helmet and have clean air all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    103,000 miles with a -1 tinted sheild and can not figure out what buffeting anyone is talking about. I wear a full face helmet and have clean air all the time.
    Your height, inseam, and seat height will all affect what hits you. I'm 6' with 31" inseam and a Mustang deluxe. I found the pocket of air with a vent and the Honda Tall mostly tolerable with a full face, there was some buffeting. It was less noticeable with a half helmet. My favorite combo so far is the half helmet and the 11 inch shield that apparently shall not be named.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    +1 on the -1!
    I lowered my stock shield by 1.5" and it's clean air now. Great for warm weather.

Update on the Mastad 13 inch med. gray windshield that i ordered. It worked fine as far as blocking the wind and eliminated the buffeting but i could not see over it easy and was much too dark for me (could no see pot holes in daylight or the road at night) so i returned it for the 11 inch and light gray. I am very happy now and by the way the people at Mastad were happy to exchange it for me even though i did not use the chart that turned out to be correct . THANKS Mastad and everyone who responded to my thread... RONBO

I may have a different set of criteria as I actually liked the stock windsheid and the wind.It was a trip down south in August that made me consider and install a Klockwerks shield. The bugs were so thick I couldnt keep up trying to wipe them away from my helmet.
    The Klockwerks works fine for me and is effective in the cold,no buffeting,keeps me dry when it rains,hails or snows. No I didnt intend to ride in the snow and it wasnt sticking but I live in Colorado where weather is sometimes determined by how high you are.
    For those in Co,Trail Ridge Road.
    Point is I'm happy with my Klockwerks.

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I may have a different set of criteria as I actually liked the stock windsheid and the wind.It was a trip down south in August that made me consider and install a Klockwerks shield. The bugs were so thick I couldnt keep up trying to wipe them away from my helmet.
    The Klockwerks works fine for me and is effective in the cold,no buffeting,keeps me dry when it rains,hails or snows. No I didnt intend to ride in the snow and it wasnt sticking but I live in Colorado where weather is sometimes determined by how high you are.
    For those in Co,Trail Ridge Road.
    Point is I'm happy with my Klockwerks.

Trail Ridge Road??? might have heard of it.......rsz_img_1663.jpg
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa