Buffeting - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buffeting

Quote Originally Posted by gadgeteer View Post
    I used to look 'thru' windshields ... my Valkyrie, etc. ... then after deciding to wear a helmet on a regular basis, I decided I didn't need to be looking thru an additional sheet of plastic.
    SO, when I replace my Valk windshield, I went with a Clearview. But, short enough that I could look OVER it. I worked great. The wind was deflected over my helmet and I didn't have to be as concerned with a bug covered windshield to look thru.

When I bought my '15 F6B, I immediately went to Clearview. They had a 're-curve', lightly tinted, at a height I could look over the top that works perfect. NO BUFFETING!
    I've put over 10,000 miles on it since the purchase and would not consider anything else.

Just my opinion.
    Forgot to include that mine has the "recurve" also. I also look over the windshield, not through it.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

I took the advice and ordered the 13 inch med. Gray mastad

Took a while for me to get used to the ------- but now it looks like it belongs and does what it is supposed to.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Congrats on a good purchase from a good company. Look forward to your ride report.

Jason

103,000 miles with a -1 tinted sheild and can not figure out what buffeting anyone is talking about. I wear a full face helmet and have clean air all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    103,000 miles with a -1 tinted sheild and can not figure out what buffeting anyone is talking about. I wear a full face helmet and have clean air all the time.
    Your height, inseam, and seat height will all affect what hits you. I'm 6' with 31" inseam and a Mustang deluxe. I found the pocket of air with a vent and the Honda Tall mostly tolerable with a full face, there was some buffeting. It was less noticeable with a half helmet. My favorite combo so far is the half helmet and the 11 inch shield that apparently shall not be named.

Jason

What's the big "to-do" about -------'s name on this forum?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I think someone mentioned that Mastad is no longer a sponsor of this site or something like that....Seems like grown men playing "little boy games" to me....Ride safe

I have the Genuine Honda Accessory Tall Windscreen with Vent. It measures 16.5” from the rubber bottom lip to windshield tip. Being 5’11” with 32” and wearing a 1/2 helmet there is very little to nil buffeting. I believe part of the secret is leaving the vent partially open allowing some air to flow through and block the buffeting air breaking over the top of the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I think someone mentioned that Mastad is no longer a sponsor of this site or something like that....Seems like grown men playing "little boy games" to me....Ride safe
    I didn't say for sure that they were no longer a sponsor. What I said was that their advertising banner as well as some others were no longer on the Homepage, so it appeared to me that maybe those who are missing were no longer board sponsors.