Buffeting - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Buffeting

I may have a different set of criteria as I actually liked the stock windsheid and the wind.It was a trip down south in August that made me consider and install a Klockwerks shield. The bugs were so thick I couldnt keep up trying to wipe them away from my helmet.
    The Klockwerks works fine for me and is effective in the cold,no buffeting,keeps me dry when it rains,hails or snows. No I didnt intend to ride in the snow and it wasnt sticking but I live in Colorado where weather is sometimes determined by how high you are.
    For those in Co,Trail Ridge Road.
    Point is I'm happy with my Klockwerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I have the Genuine Honda Accessory Tall Windscreen with Vent. It measures 16.5” from the rubber bottom lip to windshield tip. Being 5’11” with 32” and wearing a 1/2 helmet there is very little to nil buffeting. I believe part of the secret is leaving the vent partially open allowing some air to flow through and block the buffeting air breaking over the top of the windshield.
    Do you look over the shield or through it? Thanks
    Ralph Hanson
    “Proceed as the way opens,” William Least Heat Moon
    2015 Suzuki DR650 (Lil’ Putt)

My MStad works great in any position, but I get whisps of air around my ears with a half helmet.
    Cant hear music at speed.
    ITS ALL GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by grendl View Post
    I may have a different set of criteria as I actually liked the stock windsheid and the wind.It was a trip down south in August that made me consider and install a Klockwerks shield. The bugs were so thick I couldnt keep up trying to wipe them away from my helmet.
    The Klockwerks works fine for me and is effective in the cold,no buffeting,keeps me dry when it rains,hails or snows. No I didnt intend to ride in the snow and it wasnt sticking but I live in Colorado where weather is sometimes determined by how high you are.
    For those in Co,Trail Ridge Road.
    Point is I'm happy with my Klockwerks.

Trail Ridge Road??? might have heard of it.......rsz_img_1663.jpg
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Ordered the 15, Lt Gray, looking very forward to it arriving.

I tried the Klockwerks, I got lots of buffeting. Honda 15" works okay, not great. Went back to the "Wind Bender" it works great. EZ up-down adjustment at stop light. Great folks to deal/work with.

As I said in an earlier thread I have Windbender by FireCreek and I have no complaints. This is the second motorcycle I have had a Windbender on and I never considered anything else when I bought the B.

Has anyone used the ------- and the Windbender? If so which did you like best?

Quote Originally Posted by tenxxx View Post
    My MStad works great in any position, but I get whisps of air around my ears with a half helmet.
    Cant hear music at speed.
    Thanks, good to know. That would be unacceptable for me. Part of the reason that I bought the F6 is for the great sounding stereo.

I've settled with two shields. I use a Tulsa Tall for very long trips. I use a 16" Clearview most of the time. The Clearview does have turbulence at highway speeds. I added a sort of "xscreen" to help with that.

100_3893.jpg

100_4352.jpg
    Last edited by 98valk; 01-22-2020 at 03:37 PM.
    Albuquerque, NM