RIVCO'S and ROLL PINS

Thread: RIVCO'S and ROLL PINS

RIVCO'S and ROLL PINS

Since I had the older style Rivco foot pegs, and didn't want to buy the upgraded ones for $150, the fix was in. Went to Crouch Sales for some roll pins. They had any size needed and didn't charge me a penny for several 1" and 1.5" pins. Bought a new 1/4" drill bit, put the Rivco in the vice, found the center best I could, and drilled away.....(after I tested the pin fit on some handy leftover stock). Took all of 5 minutes to drill and tap the pins in. Once in, they're not coming out. I used the 1" pins and they went in 1/4 of an inch as the 1.5 inch pins were way too long for the intended purpose. Be careful drilling those holes in the bottom of the peg rest. DO NOT go any more than 1/4" or the drill bit will be coming out the top of the peg, and yes, you can ask me how I know. I'll cover them up with some black 1/4" I.D. tubing and they'll be close to invisible. Thanks to one of the forum members here who mentioned they had done this. I'm just passing along the end result. And yes, they do work great.

Last edited by Walcrow; 04-02-2018 at 10:53 PM.

One more shot...........didn't know we were limited to 4 images per post.

Did you think about putting the cut for the break away like on the newer pegs?

Nice looking job! Looks professional. = Local ACE sells roll pins, they might be another source for them