Tpms
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tpms

Tpms

Cyclemax has the show chrome tiregard tpms on sale.

http://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/...m/62015/340857

Does anyone have this system installed? I have read in the past people were having issues with certain systems pulling their valve stems out or having to replace batteries too often etc. with the search function not working I was looking for opinions before I pull the trigger on this.

Thanks.
    When that open road starts to callin’ me,
    There’s something over the hill that I gotta see

~Hank Williams

Ive been using a FOBO for the last year, works great I replace batterys every year easy to do

I'm using the Steel Mate TPMS. Haven't replaced the sensor batteries yet. Going on two years now....

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

TireGard

I've had good luck with the TireGard TPMS. It's nice to be able to read the pressure and temperature as you ride. Batteries in the senders last over a year, and are very easy to replace. The receiver battery doesn't last quite as long in my experience but it is even easier to replace.

I would only install these on metal valve stems. The senders are big enough that I'd worry about damage to the rubber part of the OEM stems.

Quote Originally Posted by vstar09 View Post
    Ive been using a FOBO for the last year, works great I replace batterys every year easy to do
    I put FOBO on my Valk 3 years ago. Moved them over to my F6B that I bought last year but added "T" valves to make everything easier. Great setup.

So glad someone brought this up. I will use the Garmin sensors to connect to my 395 but needed to get the t-valve stems from Cyclemax. Ordered them 2 minutes ago. Will need a new rear tire this summer and will bet that the dealer won't have them in stock when I need them.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

I don’t think I would like having to use my phone for the display as with the FOBO system. The steel mate looks like I could mount the display inside the saddle bag or somewhere unobtrusive and not have to carry around a fob. Could it be setup to come on and read the sensors at power on? How quickly would it read them once it receives power? Willtill, any valve stem issues?

What is the reason for the T valve stems? Is it only to avoid having to remove the sensor to add air? Is not the sensor about the same as a valve stem cap? I use the Garmin sensors that read out on my 590. Batteries about once a year for the sensors, none needed for the display.

The T valves make adding air much eaiser, I use the FOBO just pull up the app before a ride and you know your air pressure

Quote Originally Posted by P.Sutton View Post
    I don’t think I would like having to use my phone for the display as with the FOBO system. The steel mate looks like I could mount the display inside the saddle bag or somewhere unobtrusive and not have to carry around a fob. Could it be setup to come on and read the sensors at power on? How quickly would it read them once it receives power? Willtill, any valve stem issues?
    No issues with the valve stems. I am using the T-Valve stems. That way you don't ever have to remove the sensor if you had to adjust the air in the tire.

You don't want to put the display in a saddlebag or elsewhere. You should have the unit visible so you can see it. That's the whole point of it; you want to be able to actively monitor pressure. I have mine on a homemade bracket; attached to one of the bolts under the lower M.A.D.S.T.A.D. shield. Will see if I can find a previously posted picture of it.

Also, the tires have to be moving for a little bit, before the sensors "wake up" and start sending data to the display. Sometimes it takes the length of the driveway and occasionally the one on the rear make take longer than that, But once they start communicating; it's constant monitoring while you are on the bike.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537