Tpms - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tpms

Took wheel in to dealer for dismount, the t valve had only one seal, dealer was concerned so i called cyclemax and they said it works that way but dealer used another seal. So it goes rubber seal on outside of wheel, then rim then rubber seal. When i got home i had a clearance problem using a normal air chuck so i had to grind off the metal lip that held the o.e. plastic clip that holds on the valve stem retainer. Did you grind off the metal lip with your stems?

No need for a seal on the inside. I mount stems at a 45 to the rim, it makes getting a 90 chuck on them easier and avoids that little tab.
    IMG_4818.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Audiochris90 View Post
    Took wheel in to dealer for dismount, the t valve had only one seal, dealer was concerned so i called cyclemax and they said it works that way but dealer used another seal. So it goes rubber seal on outside of wheel, then rim then rubber seal. When i got home i had a clearance problem using a normal air chuck so i had to grind off the metal lip that held the o.e. plastic clip that holds on the valve stem retainer. Did you grind off the metal lip with your stems?
    I did grind the metal tab off of my wheels; for the installation of the T-valve as well. For those that are interested, this is the T-Valve that we are talking about:

https://my-fobo.com/Product/FOBOACCS

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Has anyone ever had problems with dyna beads in the t-valve?
    When i remove the cap air leaks out of the valve.

For those that have the battery turn off and do not get acurate readings when the tires are cold / I think this takes all the value out to the TPMS system.
    I feel that the tire pressure reading is only acurate when the tires are cold. I want to know before I get on the bike if I need to add air.
    Sometimes I find out in the middle of the night that my tires are low. My wife hates that!!!

Stevenolts

Once the bike is up to temperature the reading are not acurate any longer. I use them just to let me know if a tire is leaking durring a ride after I start the ride.

The fact that FOBO will let you know before you ride and can still add air accurate is invaluable.

Stevenolts