If I had to purchase a “domestic” vehicle it would be a Ford. I’ve had first hand experience with domestic made work vehicles for many years and the Ford products are by far the most reliable and trouble free of the big three.
Whenever we fly somewhere on vacation and I rent a car it’s a Mustang.., that’s just a thing with me.., after all, I’m on vacation to have fun.
Bought my first Toyota 4wd pickup in 1987 and hav owned nothing but Toyotas since. The wife is on her third Camry in 25 years, not one issue with any of them. My last pickup was a 2000 Tundra that I purchased new and drove for 15 trouble free years, looked like new when I sold it to the wife’s uncle. My current ride is a ‘10 4Runner limited full time 4wd. It’s very well documented that 4Runners are one of the most reliable vehicles produced in the world.
Then there’s my summer time four wheeled toy .., a Corolla XR-S 2zz-ge engined car with several drivetrain and suspension modifications. I’d feel completely comfortable throwing the battery in this car and driving to the west coast and back..
The biggest reason I ride Honda’s over.., lets say Harley’s. Peace of mind..