What is it with Ford Trucks?

Thread: What is it with Ford Trucks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A number of companies are offering a life time warranty. The only stipulation is all scheduled maintenance in the owners manual to include oil changes has to be performed at their authorized facility.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    A number of companies are offering a life time warranty. The only stipulation is all scheduled maintenance in the owners manual to include oil changes has to be performed at their authorized facility.
    I had the ESP plan and it expired on 6/21/16

Bought originally from Apple Ford in Columbia. That had given me the "Dealership for Life" program which included lifetime engine warranty. However I'm not eligible for that warranty since I did not have them perform all of the service work on my truck; as their warranty contract strictly stipulates.

After they screwed up my truck three times (twice during their "free oil changes") and ruined the lugnuts on my tires during a rotation (and introduced a long standing unbalanced tire issue) I elected never to bring the truck back to them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had the ESP plan and it expired on 6/21/16

Bought originally from Apple Ford in Columbia. That had given me the "Dealership for Life" program which included lifetime engine warranty. However I'm not eligible for that warranty since I did not have them perform all of the service work on my truck; as their warranty contract strictly stipulates.

After they screwed up my truck three times (twice during their "free oil changes") and ruined the lugnuts on my tires during a rotation (and introduced a long standing unbalanced tire issue) I elected never to bring the truck back to them.
    Geez Will, you sure do have a lot of trouble with dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Geez Will, you sure do have a lot of trouble with dealerships.
    Seems so. I have high standards. Expect others to meet them. Mediocrisy is not in my vocabulary.

I am taking delivery of a 2018 Tacoma tomorrow afternoon. Picture forthcoming.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Seems so. I have high standards. Expect others to meet them. Mediocrisy is not in my vocabulary.

I am taking delivery of a 2018 Tacoma tomorrow afternoon. Picture forthcoming.
    Congrats on the new Toyota.., looking forward to the pics. You’ll have no problem getting 200,000-300,000 miles out of it.