What is it with Ford Trucks? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is it with Ford Trucks?

If I had to purchase a “domestic” vehicle it would be a Ford. I’ve had first hand experience with domestic made work vehicles for many years and the Ford products are by far the most reliable and trouble free of the big three.
    Whenever we fly somewhere on vacation and I rent a car it’s a Mustang.., that’s just a thing with me.., after all, I’m on vacation to have fun.
    Bought my first Toyota 4wd pickup in 1987 and hav owned nothing but Toyotas since. The wife is on her third Camry in 25 years, not one issue with any of them. My last pickup was a 2000 Tundra that I purchased new and drove for 15 trouble free years, looked like new when I sold it to the wife’s uncle. My current ride is a ‘10 4Runner limited full time 4wd. It’s very well documented that 4Runners are one of the most reliable vehicles produced in the world.
    Then there’s my summer time four wheeled toy .., a Corolla XR-S 2zz-ge engined car with several drivetrain and suspension modifications. I’d feel completely comfortable throwing the battery in this car and driving to the west coast and back..
    The biggest reason I ride Honda’s over.., lets say Harley’s. Peace of mind..

A number of companies are offering a life time warranty. The only stipulation is all scheduled maintenance in the owners manual to include oil changes has to be performed at their authorized facility.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    A number of companies are offering a life time warranty. The only stipulation is all scheduled maintenance in the owners manual to include oil changes has to be performed at their authorized facility.
    I had the ESP plan and it expired on 6/21/16

Bought originally from Apple Ford in Columbia. That had given me the "Dealership for Life" program which included lifetime engine warranty. However I'm not eligible for that warranty since I did not have them perform all of the service work on my truck; as their warranty contract strictly stipulates.

After they screwed up my truck three times (twice during their "free oil changes") and ruined the lugnuts on my tires during a rotation (and introduced a long standing unbalanced tire issue) I elected never to bring the truck back to them.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I had the ESP plan and it expired on 6/21/16

Bought originally from Apple Ford in Columbia. That had given me the "Dealership for Life" program which included lifetime engine warranty. However I'm not eligible for that warranty since I did not have them perform all of the service work on my truck; as their warranty contract strictly stipulates.

After they screwed up my truck three times (twice during their "free oil changes") and ruined the lugnuts on my tires during a rotation (and introduced a long standing unbalanced tire issue) I elected never to bring the truck back to them.
    Geez Will, you sure do have a lot of trouble with dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Geez Will, you sure do have a lot of trouble with dealerships.
    Seems so. I have high standards. Expect others to meet them. Mediocrisy is not in my vocabulary.

I am taking delivery of a 2018 Tacoma tomorrow afternoon. Picture forthcoming.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

My next Toyota will likely be my last as I don’t think I have 200,000 miles left in me.

I feel like the Toyota Takoma has got to be one of the best trucks out there.
    If you really look at them , their brakes and drive lines you will see how much
    better they are.
    Their motors are tops.
    Now the tough part is their price.

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Seems so. I have high standards. Expect others to meet them. Mediocrisy is not in my vocabulary.

I am taking delivery of a 2018 Tacoma tomorrow afternoon. Picture forthcoming.
    Congrats on the new Toyota.., looking forward to the pics. You’ll have no problem getting 200,000-300,000 miles out of it.

I had a Tundra 5.7li crew cab from 2008 - 2015 and put on 85,000 trouble free miles. Smooth as a sedan on the highway. Only one warranty issue, and one replacement of a parking brake cable (except for normal wear and tear such as brakes and oil/filter changes). Got 44,000 from the tires. Trailered a 21 foot boat routinely each summer 2008 - 2011. Traded it in on a 2015 Highlander and I still miss it.

Only Fords I've ever owned were a Pinto Station Wagon and Sedan. Had no choice, they were company cars and would never own another after those experiences.
    Last edited by Travelor; 04-09-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Here she be....

Hopefully will get many, many trouble free miles out of her. Amazing all of the electronic tech that's in it these now, compared to my earlier owned 'Taco
    Last edited by willtill; 04-09-2018 at 01:29 PM.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537