Heel/toe feedback - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heel/toe feedback

I have always had floorboards and a heel-toe shifter. One of the first things I did was install the Rivco floorboards and heel-toe shifter on my 2016 F6B. The Rivco comes with an included sidestand extension so you don't have to lift the floorboard to put the sidestand down. Rivco's craftsmanship is top rate!

I just installed the Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter with the extension. I am leaving the stock foot-pegs on. Because of the weather, I won’t be able to ride my bike before this weekend and cannot tell you how it works.

My impressions of the shifter so far are:
    It is well made, but way too heavy. It should have been made out of aluminum;
    Relief cuts should have been made for the hex bolts.

Update: if you plan on scraping the foot peg on left turns, remove the kickstand pad, if you have one installed;
    On the left turns, I no longer scrape the toe of my boot when up-shifting.
    Last edited by Miwhite; 04-24-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: First ride with heel-toe shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I agree about the awkwardness, Xrider. Did you purchase the whole floorboard setup, or just the shifter? Have you had any trouble with any of the linkages like some of the posters warn about? Thanks for your time.

Jason
    I just bought the shifter and break lever for the other side. I like a larger break pedal. No problems so far but I don’t stomp on the upshift. I just apply enough pressure to get into gear. Before I would occasionally miss shifts because my boot was pushing up on the shifter constantly.

I had to do the same thing after installing them. I’ll tell you what life is way better with them.

Mine jumped from 5th back to 4th today. I probably didn't use enough pressure when shifting into 5th.
    Have missed 2nd and gone into neutral many times.
    A heel toe sounds good.
    ITS ALL GOOD