Heel/toe feedback

Thread: Heel/toe feedback

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I have decided to try a heel toe shifter. I haven't yet decided which. I have the mini-boards, so I might add the Kuryakyn with the extension, since I don't care for their skinny floorboards. But I'd love any feedback about pros and cons of those, the Show Chrome, and the Rivcos. Quality, comfort, issues, etc.
    I think I read somewhere that Show Chrome might be a sponsor on this forum? I'm happy to show support where I can, but I also want the best and most comfortable. Thanks for your time!

Jason
    I bought the kuryakyn and love it! It felt awkward with the toe shifter. I got to where I was keeping my boot lower to be able to up shift. The day I drug my boot in a turn I pulled the trigger and wished I had done it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I bought the kuryakyn and love it! It felt awkward with the toe shifter.
    I agree about the awkwardness, Xrider. Did you purchase the whole floorboard setup, or just the shifter? Have you had any trouble with any of the linkages like some of the posters warn about? Thanks for your time.

Jason

Always preferred the heel/toe shifter. Bought the Kury for my 2016 F6BD. Works very well with no issues. I still have driver pegs (always have had footboards but these pegs are surprisingly comfortable and a nice change). No install conflicts with foot pegs, side stand, et.al. as mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    I agree about the awkwardness, Xrider. Did you purchase the whole floorboard setup, or just the shifter? Have you had any trouble with any of the linkages like some of the posters warn about? Thanks for your time.

Jason
    I just bought the shifter and break lever for the other side. I like a larger break pedal. No problems so far but I don’t stomp on the upshift. I just apply enough pressure to get into gear. Before I would occasionally miss shifts because my boot was pushing up on the shifter constantly.