Assisted driving systems

Thread: Assisted driving systems

SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Definitely a major concern for those of us who ride. I'm been following this issue. I can understand the develoopment of safety features, but I really do not understand why there is such a push for the driverless vehicle. The system needs to come along way to be used in states that see lots of snow. Impossible for these systems to use the white lines for input when the roads and shoulders are white with snow, or even without the snow when the cinders and sand have obliterated the white lines during the winter months.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Good article. It surprises me, F6bster, that anyone who rides a motorcycle and can see into other people's cars and therefore the level of texting/smartphone use would not understand the push for driverless cars. More than half the people on the road are already not driving their cars. At least a computer which pays attention all the time will be taking over the job.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    Good article. It surprises me, F6bster, that anyone who rides a motorcycle and can see into other people's cars and therefore the level of texting/smartphone use would not understand the push for driverless cars. More than half the people on the road are already not driving their cars. At least a computer which pays attention all the time will be taking over the job.

Jason
    Driverless car technology has years to go, before it is going to be safe for "us" cyclist, pedestrians, animals, big pot holes, etc. These big multi- billion dollar companies are pushing hard, to get the CRAP they offer now, out on the road with us. So now, we have to watch out for cell phone morons, and driverless cars. Read the latest issue in the A.M.A. book. They are also against the CRAP out there. And big companies like Tesla, are in severe financial trouble, their stock has been plummeting, and are begging for their systems to pass the regulators test, before they go bankrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post

Jason
    Yeah, but it has to work in all conditions. Long ways to go!!!!!!! My comment about pushing is not on the development of the technology, but putting self-driving vehicles on the streets when the technology is not yet there. And the drivers in those cars seem to be oblivious to what the car is doing.
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

National Safety council says 1.6 million crashes a year are due to cell phone use. That's 1 in 4. Maybe the business-related push for self driving cars and the urgent need for them because of accidents are mutually beneficial agendas?

Jason

Self driving cars coming soon remind of the statements made in the early 1800's that mad would visit Mars soon!!!...Mostly "BS" at this point as this technology has a long, long way to go, if ever!!!....At 78 years old I doubt I will see this crap in my lifetime thank God.....Ride safe

So we have self driving cars and this...
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...and-stop-signs

Id prefer NO to both..
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

I could get on board with that law for all vehicles..... IF people weren't idiots. In my opinion all Stop Signs could be replaced with yield signs.... IF....
    One otherthing. Why in the hell is it that people will run a stop sign but when they come to a roundabout with a yield sign they stop dead? YeahIF....

My bike was hit by a "distracted driver" (to be read as a**hole). I'll take my chances with a driverless car.
    "... there may be more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than dreamt of in your philosophy."

2016 Honda Goldwing F6B
    Traxxion Mega Monty

1975 Honda Goldwing GL1000
    16K, all original