Kuryakan cubby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kuryakan cubby

Kuryakan cubby

Bought the cubby , didn't like the gloss black so I got some flat vinyl and wrapped it. What do you guys think of it ?
    image.jpegp
    Last edited by Youngw1500; 04-10-2018 at 08:17 PM.

Looks pretty darn god to me. Good job fellow Hoosier.

Quote Originally Posted by six2go View Post
    Looks pretty darn god to me. Good job fellow Hoosier.
    I wouldn’t go as far as calling you a god, but you did a good job. ����

Looks a LOT better than the gloss. The gloss just screams 'cheap-piece-o-crap'.

But, personally.....I'd rather have the glove box. I actually use it quite a bit.

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Very nice. As stated, look much better than the gloss black.

I'd like to get one of those as well, but use my OEM cubby too.

I do have a question for others though; do you worry about sticking electronics (such as an I-Phone or a GPS) in the cubby for temporary storage? I find that things get really warm in there from the engine heat after you have come off the bike from a long run...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Cubby

Quote Originally Posted by Youngw1500 View Post
    Bought the cubby , didn't like the gloss black so I got some flat vinyl and wrapped it. What do you guys think of it ?
    image.jpegp
    Yes I will probably use the stock cubby most of the time, it’s a 30 second swap. When on a long ride will be nice to have water bottle handy. Was going to just scotch Brite the black to get the shine off (just didn’t look right shiny black) with all of the other surfaces matte black. Had some matte black vinyl left over from another and thought I’d give it a try. In my opinion that’s the finish that should come on these.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Very nice. As stated, look much better than the gloss black.

I'd like to get one of those as well, but use my OEM cubby too.

I do have a question for others though; do you worry about sticking electronics (such as an I-Phone or a GPS) in the cubby for temporary storage? I find that things get really warm in there from the engine heat after you have come off the bike from a long run...

I have the chrome cubby. It still opens and you have storage on each side of the cup holder. I pulled the cover off the left for 2 deep thin storage bins and kept the lockable space on the right. I use the cup holder often. I place my cell phone in 1 of the deep pockets on the left of the cup holder. Easy to access and secure from falling out when riding. Don’t want a holder off the handle bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I have the chrome cubby. It still opens and you have storage on each side of the cup holder. I pulled the cover off the left for 2 deep thin storage bins and kept the lockable space on the right. I use the cup holder often. I place my cell phone in 1 of the deep pockets on the left of the cup holder. Easy to access and secure from falling out when riding. Don’t want a holder off the handle bars.
    Hmm? Trying to understand what you did.

Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I bought the chrome one and really like it, glad I didn't get the black one now as I was debating. I didn't realize it was glossy. I just bought a round magnet on ebay that has a sticky side to affix to whatever for my cell phone. It comes with a little flat metal plate to stick onto your phone or case. I put the magnet just below my cubby and now have my cell phone handy. I also bought the same kind of setup for my GPS but with a windshield mount. Love these new magnetic holders