What happens after a cager hits a rider? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What happens after a cager hits a rider?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3sL9FEUgyk

This driver is an illegal immigrant here in Florida. They caught him after he tried to destroy the evidence (car) and has been charged with agg. battery.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/flo...410-story.html

I don't think in today's world I would ride up next to a car and hit the window!!

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Wow! That's awful. Hope you and your wife are well from that now...
    It was a rough year and we are both very fortunate to be here. Motorcycles have been part of my life since I was 5 or 6 and most people don't understand how i can still get on one after that. My wife stayed off em for a few years but she still enjoys riding. Lots of lingering aches and pains but swimming and yoga help. We are planning on the Cortez run and I am looking forward to putting a face on some of the people here. One of many glamour shots I have. Yes, wore a full face helmet but they don't save all at 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewreck View Post
    It was a rough year and we are both very fortunate to be here. Motorcycles have been part of my life since I was 5 or 6 and most people don't understand how i can still get on one after that. My wife stayed off em for a few years but she still enjoys riding. Lots of lingering aches and pains but swimming and yoga help. We are planning on the Cortez run and I am looking forward to putting a face on some of the people here. One of many glamour shots I have. Yes, wore a full face helmet but they don't save all at 60mph.
    Chicks dig scars my friend.

Will be good to see you and others as well this summer.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Chicks dig scars my friend.

Will be good to see you and others as well this summer.
    Good thing as I have a bunch.Attachment 5102

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Short version of worse day of my life 30 years ago. Let friend drive my new bike, I on back. 4 lane 35mph. Approaching stop light controlled intetsection we knew light be green when we got there so slowed bit then right to speed as it went green. Elderly woman waiting to turn left did not see us, we collided mid passenger door. I flew 30 feet, my friend slammed shoulder into car roof suffering near death injuries. Woman continued to drive several hundred feet till witness made her stop. She was cited for failure to yield right of way, her minimum insurance paid max, she owned basically nothing and only S S income. I did not know my friend did not have motorcycle license so I got ticket for allowing him to drive. My insurance paid max. The hospital filed papers with the court to force me to pay his bills
    Lawyers and bankruptcy only cost me around $5k

Quote Originally Posted by lake_carl View Post
    Short version of worse day of my life 30 years ago. Let friend drive my new bike, I on back. 4 lane 35mph. Approaching stop light controlled intetsection we knew light be green when we got there so slowed bit then right to speed as it went green. Elderly woman waiting to turn left did not see us, we collided mid passenger door. I flew 30 feet, my friend slammed shoulder into car roof suffering near death injuries. Woman continued to drive several hundred feet till witness made her stop. She was cited for failure to yield right of way, her minimum insurance paid max, she owned basically nothing and only S S income. I did not know my friend did not have motorcycle license so I got ticket for allowing him to drive. My insurance paid max. The hospital filed papers with the court to force me to pay his bills
    Lawyers and bankruptcy only cost me around $5k
    Holy crap.

This is classic case for disability income insurance, supplemental uninsured/underinsured, and PIP. Sheesh.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6