2014 Deluxe with 3500 miles for $11000? Or a 2015 for $13500 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Deluxe with 3500 miles for $11000? Or a 2015 for $13500

I have a black 13, gets lots of looks every where we go. I have one of those el cheapo throttle locks, works great me.
    About the only place you can use cruise is on the open road w/ little traffic.

I would go for the 2014 with the low miles. For the record, I use my cruise control on my B but if I didn’t have it-I wouldn’t miss it.

I would go with the bike you like better, if it is the 14, and you want cruise, you can add it on, there are some really good threads on the forum to help you through that process, myself and a friend did mine a couple of weekends ago, cost less than $400, and took us about 6 hours.

You like black, it's less money, with lower miles, buy the black. I personally would never own a black vehicle of any type again, but that's me.

And for God's sake, don't get that Harley urge again...

If you don't opt for the cruise control,I installed this on my 13 and it works great.
    Safe too.
    https://brakeawayproducts.com/product/7cp05/
    2013 Black Deluxe( Sold), 2012 VFR1200 DCT, 2018 Gold Wing DCT

One more thing for the OP to consider:

The '13 and '14 have a different exhaust note than the '15. IIRC, there have been some concerns expressed over a slightly louder exhaust on the newer (15+) models.

Forum members: Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have the chrome pipes on my '13 - and I am not one of those guys who keeps a spotless bike - and those pipes are nothing to keep clean. Little soap and water when cleaning the rest of the bike with Honda spray polish ... or, just don't clean them!!

I made the same decision about cruise control back when I bought mine ... had the choice between a '13 and a '15 with cruise ... thought about a majority of my riding, which is 100-200 miles per day on two-laners ... and figured I could live with out and put the $3000 I save over the '15 into all the accessories listed with my signature with money left over to buy Big Larry a coffee when I make trip up the CA coast in summer 2020...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    One more thing for the OP to consider:

The '13 and '14 have a different exhaust note than the '15. IIRC, there have been some concerns expressed over a slightly louder exhaust on the newer (15+) models.

Forum members: Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have the chrome pipes on my '13 - and I am not one of those guys who keeps a spotless bike - and those pipes are nothing to keep clean. Little soap and water when cleaning the rest of the bike with Honda spray polish ... or, just don't clean them!!

I made the same decision about cruise control back when I bought mine ... had the choice between a '13 and a '15 with cruise ... thought about a majority of my riding, which is 100-200 miles per day on two-laners ... and figured I could live with out and put the $3000 I save over the '15 into all the accessories listed with my signature with money left over to buy Big Larry a coffee when I make trip up the CA coast in summer 2020...
    I have a $29.00 throttle lock on my 2013, and it suffices fine. Typically when I road trip, I take back roads when possible. Unless you will be riding down an interstate for hours at a time, you won't miss an electronic cruise. Also, If you are not sure which one, the cruise is probably not that important to you. Both bikes are "obsolete" now, so I wouldn't buy one based on resell. Once you have one, you'll want to keep it and ride it anyway. Get your favorite color and use the savings to add some other mods. You won't regret either one.

Never had cruise control, until I got my 2015 deluxe. Never thought I would use it very much. Turns out, I use it way more than I thought I would. When I ride with other bikes that have a throttle lock, their bikes lose speed when going up hills, compared to the electronic cruise control, of the 6. So, if you plan to take rides with others, it may be something to consider. I DON'T ride the freeways, and still find the cruise a great option on 2 lane roads.

The cruise is great when you need both hands to do something like changing out your glasses from shaded to clear or vise versa. Even putting on sunscreen and of course if you want to travel a constant speed. If you prefer the black then that is the one. Remember it seems like well over half of all F6Bs shat show up for a get together are black, of course matt grey is not rare either, I preferred black at first but glad I got the grey for the cruise, the black pipes and the less common color. Either one should make you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM Golf View Post
    I have been looking at 2 bikes. A 2014 Black Deluxe with 2900 miles for $11000... The black is my favorite color combination. The other bike is a 2015 Mat Grey Deluxe with 10,000 miles for $13500. I know the only difference between the two bikes is cruise control. I just don’t know if the $2500 difference is worth it to have cruise control.

Your input is appreciated.
    I live an hr east of you and I have a blue 15 deluxe for sale. I have under 9k on mine with some extras. I would take $13500, but no less. It does not have a scratch on it.