I'm mad.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm mad.

I'm mad.

I just put the world's ugliest windshield on my bike, and it works great. Had a Honda tall when i bought it, tried a Wind Bender, looked good but couldn't make it work. Got a 14" Taka Recurve, looked good with very little buffeting. Just replaced a 16" Clearview with a vent, looked great but slightly more buffeting than the Taka. Installed a ------- 13" in under an hour and took it for a test ride in 30 mph crosswords. NO BUFFETING AT ALL. Started at 60 degrees, all the way down, good. Set it to 47 degrees, thought it would look better raked back, still good. Didn't like the gap at the bottom so set it to 55 degrees, looks slightly better. I think I could set it up to 70 degrees and it still would work. I hope I get used to how it looks because I have never had such a calm cockpit on any motorcycle with any other windshield. Rats. And great.

how about a photo?
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

The more you ride behind it the prettier it gets.I too waited three years to put one on only because I could not get over it's looks but hot dang it is the best windshield I have ever been behind-dead calm air.

Ah yes.. the agonizing search for the perfect windshield on the F6B. Many have gone before you; in the same manner and effort, burning voluminous amounts of cash, while in search of this holy grail of motorcycle windshields.

I feel your pain

As many other here.

Welcome to the M.A.D.S.T.A.D experience

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I've had my M.A.D... on for a few years & I love the look now. I rode up to Durant, Ok today in hellacious winds & was amazed how well it handles the gusts. I also went thru 3 shields to find the right one. Still happy!

Any shield that lets air in at the bottom will work good. Even one with a vent partially open will help. The air up the back side is what does it.
    Blows the buffeting wind up over your head. But I still get wind buffeting my back side. I guess a trunk would fix that.
    ITS ALL GOOD

On the bright side, you can always cut up your old windshields and use them as safety shields for your shop equipment.

------- should get a "Utility over Fashion" motto like Crossbreed. "The Ugliest, most comfortable holster you will ever wear".
    Last edited by ths61; 04-13-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by motornerd View Post
    I just put the world's ugliest windshield on my bike, and it works great. Had a Honda tall when i bought it, tried a Wind Bender, looked good but couldn't make it work. Got a 14" Taka Recurve, looked good with very little buffeting. Just replaced a 16" Clearview with a vent, looked great but slightly more buffeting than the Taka. Installed a ------- 13" in under an hour and took it for a test ride in 30 mph crosswords. NO BUFFETING AT ALL. Started at 60 degrees, all the way down, good. Set it to 47 degrees, thought it would look better raked back, still good. Didn't like the gap at the bottom so set it to 55 degrees, looks slightly better. I think I could set it up to 70 degrees and it still would work. I hope I get used to how it looks because I have never had such a calm cockpit on any motorcycle with any other windshield. Rats. And great.
    I'm happy to hear this. I have a 17" on the way. I hope I have as good of results. I got the 17" because I often sit on an air hawk cushion on long trips, and it raise me up some. I'm 6'3" and even with a tall Honda shield with a vent I still get some buffeting at the top of my head without the cushion.