I'm mad. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm mad.

Mine came w/a small aftermarket windshield, a wee bit bigger than stock, loved the look but when I started getting into long rides I wanted something that wasn't going to let me get beat to death on the freeway, hated the look at first but now I love the funky look.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Maybe I don't understand "buffeting" as some have issues with this. I have an adjustable Baggershield, set to the maximum height, on my F6B and have no wind noise of any kind...Super quiet and looks great on the bike..I rode a friends bike last summer with the Mastad on his 6 and it was nice but did not seem any better than the one on my bike....But as they say, "Too each his own"....Ride safe

Sometimes, buffeting can be caused by the helmet you have on. I have 6 helmets, and they all they all handle the wind slightly different. Don't blame ALL the buffeting on the windshield, without trying out different helmets. Some windshields and helmets, seem to work great together, and some, not so.

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Maybe I don't understand "buffeting" as some have issues with this. I have an adjustable Baggershield, set to the maximum height, on my F6B and have no wind noise of any kind...Super quiet and looks great on the bike..I rode a friends bike last summer with the Mastad on his 6 and it was nice but did not seem any better than the one on my bike....But as they say, "Too each his own"....Ride safe
    I had the 19" Baggershield for three years on my bike and I got buffeting and wind noise through the sides of my 3/4 helmet-if I opened the vent it helped some but not near perfect.15" ------- set at 55 degrees and it is putting me in a pocket of dead air with a shield that is lower then the Baggershield was.Your friends ------- may of been set for him and not for you unless you were both identical in proportion.------- has a lot of adjustments to fit the rider it is front of.And your right to each his own and it's the ------- for me!

Isleen loves her "Upset-Stad" 11" and so do I.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Isleen loves her "Upset-Stad" 11" and so do I.

Where do i buy..mad

Is that the dark tint you bought?

They call it dark gray. Not the darkest one. I can still see thru it at night where my lights illuminate.

thats-so-ugly-man.jpg

But... function trumps fashion!