This weather "Sucks" - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This weather "Sucks"

I have a 20 HP Simplicity garden tractor and a few weeks ago I took the snowblower off because a part needed to be welded. Now I am to bullheaded to put it back on. But with this storm I am using my 25 year old little 4.5 HP Toro.
    The storm is winning.
    This picture was taken a few weeks ago

Can't beat those Toro's, Jack. That's what I use, but my driveway is only 90ft. long.

I'm sad for you guys up north. Gotta really love riding to just have a few months to ride. The wind has been blowing like crazy in North Texas but our bikes handle the wind so well I've been riding regularly. Getting ready to load my cameras to shoot a baseball game tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzzPhotos View Post
    I'm sad for you guys up north. Gotta really love riding to just have a few months to ride. The wind has been blowing like crazy in North Texas but our bikes handle the wind so well I've been riding regularly. Getting ready to load my cameras to shoot a baseball game tonight.
    I've been on several boards where the Southerners like to harass the guys up North about the length of the riding season. It's all a matter of what you're used to and what your priorities are. I've been riding for almost 60 years so getting on a motorcycle is not at the top of my priority list. Sure, some years(like this one) we don't get the bikes out as early, but there have been many Summers that my bike goes into storage just like Winter because it's just too hot to comfortably ride. I have a sport sedan with a heater and air conditioning for the times when it's not comfortable to ride. For me, the comfort zone is in the 55* - 75* range. Anything much above or below that and I'm 4 wheeling it.

18" in Hudson...wtf is it December or January

Quote Originally Posted by Pumper View Post
    18" in Hudson...wtf is it December or January
    I have to tell you it,s getting to be a pain in the butt.
    I have a few parts painted in base color and need 65 or better
    to shoot the clear.
    Well I am still waiting Ma Nature, please take pity!

I feel sorry for all the folks up north, you've had a terrible winter.
    I won't tell you all about the 140 mile ride we went on Tue.

April 19th and snowing in Pittsburgh

It's all part of the fun, I ride year round here in the PNW however some days when I get blasted by a wall of water from the other lane I think to myself "WTF, I have a perfectly good jeep at home..." That thought quickly passes and I roll on a bit more go juice and enjoy my ride

Sunny and 60 degrees here in central Indiana today. Got both of mine out today, air them up, gassed them up and got around 100 miles on each!
    Man this weather looks like it is starting to break, planning trip to Sleeping Bear Dunes in late May, Southern Indiana, and Natchez trace Parkway in June.