SoCal fog light kit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal fog light kit

SoCal fog light kit

I just installed the SoCal fog light kit on my 15. The right side looks great but the left side has a 1/2 inch or greater gap between the inside of the light and the cowl. Has anyone had this issue?

There are different size spacers for the left and right. Are they installed correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    There are different size spacers for the left and right. Are they installed correctly?
    I believe so, according to the instructions, but I will check it again, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joflewbyu2 View Post
    I checked the diagram and installation instructions again and confirmed that all spacers are in their proper location, thanks.

Remember, left is left when sitting on the bike and right is right when sitting on bike. If spacers are mixed up, it would cause a depth difference.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyguy View Post
    I checked the diagram and installation instructions again and confirmed that all spacers are in their proper location, thanks.

Yes, left is left sitting on the bike. Because of the tubing and stuff that is located behind the left light bracket, the thinner spacers for the right side would not work on the left.

Yes. Mine is the same way. (I just haven't gotten around to getting longer spacers yet) I also found out that if you look at the installation video there is a discrepancy on which spacers to use on the left side when compared to the instructions that came with the kit. Regardless... none of the spacers that came with my kit are long enough to make up the gap that you speak of.

I watched the video this morning and noticed the discrepancy. I am going to swap the position of the longer spacer and see what happens.

I bet bet that fixes the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyguy View Post
    I watched the video this morning and noticed the discrepancy. I am going to swap the position of the longer spacer and see what happens.

Update: after moving the longer spacer to the top position according to the installation video and re-routing the crank case breather, the left side fog light assembly looks as good as the right side. Thanks for the suggestions.