I owned a Honda NM4 which was DCT only. It was my first jump into road riding after having been a dirt guy for the better part of 38 years, then taking a 5 year hiatus from riding altogether. I missed the clutch for about two days before I got use to the DCT. Once I moved up to the F6B, I actually missed having the DCT because it just seemed easier. Throttle response and shift response in sport mode was fantastic. After recently jumping on the new Goldwing Tour for some demo riding, the DCT hasn't lost it's vigor and it felt better, with an extra gear in there to boot. I gotta say, for the commute to work and back in heavy traffic, a DCT is, hands down, a much nicer thing to have. For riding in the country and long distance, it's just a nice thing not to have to deal with. I love my F6B though, even though I got a used 2013 without cruise control.

Of the several riders local (8 now) that have the new 2018s, they all seem to have something they don't like as much, but the DCT isn't on their list of cons...and all but one bought the DCT model, even though two stated back in December they would "NEVER" own a bike without a manual, both of them are hooked. I think Honda nailed it with their DCT models. Mode changing for conditions is really nice too.