Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Thread: Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybean View Post
    After 3000 Km on the tour DCT this is what I feel: the engine is not quiet and smooth as the B, the wind shield help with the buffing on your helmet but not on the side because of smaller fairing.
    I have Mustang seat and lowering kit on the B , with the tour DCT I felt like I am on it not like in the bike like the B. The plus from the tour is easy to corner , you don't get tired when stuck in rush hour traffic. The PLUS for me is the walking mode; with the inseam challenge like me. And with all the bells and whistle build in.

JB
    I just rode the 6 spd last Saturday. Not far though. It was a short loop.I'd guess 4-5 miles at most. Not really far enough to get a good feel. He said as soon as the DCT was available ,he'd (salesman) call and he'd arrange a longer test ride. I got back on my B,which is heavily accessorized and customized and just thought, other than the cool feature of the electronic windshield, I'm not missing anything. The DCT might change my mind.

I rode from there and test rode a BMW K1600B for over 60 miles and got into some twisties. That was fun. Definitely some performance aspects that left me with some desire, but it wasn't nearly as comfortable as my B . Of course,I've done a lot to make my B comfy, like Helibars, all different suspension, Corbin seat and back rests etc...
    Last edited by Jimmytee; 04-26-2018 at 03:37 AM.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"