I had a 2006 Yamaha FJR-1300 with electric shift and I also had a 2009 and a 2013 650 Burgman cause the 09 got hit by a car. I wanted to ditch the clutch when I was having troubles with left hand after I broke my wrist. All three bike transmissions had flaws. I grew to HATE not having the clutch to feather and control these bikes at low speed, especially the FJR. Gear shifting on the FJR was exactly the same as on a manual bike, but with no clutching. I HATED riding this bike at slow speeds in traffic because the bike would automatically shift down to first and then "hold" it in gear until I shifted it up. It sounds great until the thing shifts to first when you haven't quite stopped. The Burgies had a manual mode (electric shift with no clutch) and an automatic mode. Supposedly Suzuki had made major changes in 2013 to deal with complaints like mine with the transmission. I didn't notice much difference between them. My complaints: In automatic mode the bike "coasted" away from a stop on a downhill slope, then it would suddenly engage "first" gear when you applied any throttle and no matter the speed. This resulted in sudden jerking and skidding of the rear wheel on low traction surfaces. The only way to get the bike to avoid this behavior when starting down a hill was to switch it to "manual" mode manually, then put it into first, then shift to second. This sounds like a small thing... but it kind of made the automatic transmission less than useful when you live in and like to ride in the mountains and have to deal with gravel. And pushing the Burgies around the garage was a bear. The tranny always seemed to have some drag engaged... whether it was running or not. With both the FJR and Burgies there was no ability to feather the throttle when riding at low speeds-- really an issue when you are in a tight parking area and the engines were still revving high when they are still warming up.

So unless Honda has solved these issues... no DCT for me.