Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Thread: Talk me into, or out of, DCT please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rode the DCT Full Wing at Daytona Bike Week.
    The performance in Sport Mode was simply amazing. However, you better have a VERY well trained throttle hand, calibrated to microns, not millimeters.
    The other 3 modes? Meh.
    I don't like the 2018 functionally for lack of fuel and lack of storage. Aesthetically, I don't like the jagged edges over the nice body flow that Isleen has.
    Plus, Isleen already has a the Traxxion Mega Monty, Upset-Stad windshield, Corbin Smuggler, etc and doing that all for another bike just seemed silly.
    Plus, Isleen only has 73,500 - she's just getting comfy with her lot in life!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Exactly as stated by 53driver, the dct definitely has a learning curve. I remember the test ride on my VFR, it was so different but fell in love with it right from the start. You don’t have the clutch to help you apply throttle smoothly and disengage drive when braking. Along with not having a foot shift lever and clutch lever, you need to retrain your right hand for very smooth application of throttle. It’s just very different. You won’t get the full feel for a dct taking one test ride.
    I would suggest taking several test rides and in between going back and riding your standard shift bike over a period of time. Each time reflecting on how you like the dct. I love my “6” , but I do miss riding my now sold dct VFR.