I have not ridden a Star Venture, but did sit on one. It is a very large bike, feels noticeably larger than even a last generation full Wing.

Reviews have been in general agreement that it feels lighter than it looks once rolling.

I am 6'1" with a 33" inseam and I felt the tank was too wide. Not necessarily uncomfortable, just noticeable.

The two bikes ... its kinda strange ... they are similar in their purpose, but vastly different in their methods to get to that purpose. I think the Wing lineup has always been distinguishable from the V-twin "full dressers" and their carbon copies with better handling, more performance, liquid cooling, seating position, etc.

The Venture and Wing of today continue to maintain that separation.

The sound of a twin is appealing, as is the legroom they afford, but the performance is a turn-off and so is the handling (or lack thereof). Those swept-back bars and extended leg seating position does not inspire my confidence when out on the mean and nasty roads.

That being said, I would still take the Venture or Eluder out for a test ride to see if all these things I said are wrong.