stop light conversations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stop light conversations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I still get this with my 1300R VTX and it is seven years old.

I get quite a bit of that out here in the SF bay area, not many F6B in these parts. On hwy 80 I get a lot cars roll up on me, look, then back off. I like to speed up and see how bad they wanna see. Had a few HD folks roll up, and see how gorgeous this machine is, sneer, and go off rappin their pipes.

I got spit on by a guy out the passenger window of a car while stopped at a red light. That's not much for positive feedback but this is about a 99% American made area with attitude doled out by the bucket load. I ride with several different groups and MUST ride the correct bike for each group. I frankly don't care what you ride as long as you ride and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    I got spit on by a guy out the passenger window of a car while stopped at a red light. That's not much for positive feedback but this is about a 99% American made area with attitude doled out by the bucket load. I ride with several different groups and MUST ride the correct bike for each group. I frankly don't care what you ride as long as you ride and enjoy it.
    Thats messed up dude somebody spittn on you, ive had some hd riders give me a thumbs down and they got the bird finger right back, F em their just jealous!

I was pulled over by the local motor officer last week, was wondering what I had done this time, but he just wanted to check out the bike. In all fairness he was someone I knew from my LEO days but with a helmet on I doubt he knew it was me. Said he wished the Dept would get one as a Motor.

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    Yeah, and I wonder how many of these guys are driving foreign cars. I never understood that b/s, even when I was riding HDs.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    Yeah, and I wonder how many of these guys are driving foreign cars. I never understood that b/s, even when I was riding HDs.
    I've read that HD has been pulling the wool over the HD community for years, claiming the "American Built" b/s, there was a news story about HD riders buying GENUINE HD parts in packaging marked HD Milwaukee, made in the USA, then they open the package and the part states, "made in china", on the back, HD response was they "mistakenly" packaged it wrong.

I've never quite understood why so many people feel the need to look down on other guys for their choice of motorcycle. It's exhausting from the HD Pirates, the grumpy old fart Wingers, the Beemer flock, etc. Why can't people just enjoy the ride and not worry about the other guy, I mean really you're going to spit on someone for not riding your choice of motorcycle?

I love my F6B, a good buddy of mine enjoys the hell out of his Stratoliner, his dad rides the crap out of a Victory Vision, and amazingly when we ride together the world does not implode on itself.

I just tell people I only had 1/2 of a down payment so I only got 1/2 a Gold Wing.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Actually I get it all the time when riding my M109R. It's low, wide, loud and fast. At first it took sometime getting use to people always asking about it, but I enjoy it now. As far as what bike people ride, I don't care what you ride, just ride and enjoy it.