Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
Nice write up Jimmy.
I would like to ride that BMW as well, just to see. I would think the ride position would be like the FJR I had. It was fun to ride and pretty fast. I liked the traction control. Just twist the throttle and go. But the FJR to me was a pain in the shoulders from the riding position and a pain in the ass, the seat became hard after awhile.

I want to ride the new Goldwing too ofcourse. I keep reading so much negativity about it. I just want to see for myself. I want to like it.

The F6B is by far the most comfortable ride so far, and I liked my Valkyrie almost as much.
I didn't get the same opportunity with the 18 Wing that I got with the K1600B. Only rode it for a tease, but what I did ride impressed me. Now I rode the 6 spd, and I was promised an opportunity to ride the DCT for a longer ride when it is available. The GW Tour has familiar ergos though, and so I don't imagine comfort will be much of an issue in that regards. As far as negativity on the new GW, most of the criticisms have been around the GPS. I haven't really tried to use the GPS, but from what I read, some are resorting to mounting Garmins on their new 18 Wings, which is a shame. Hope is that Honda will address these issues and maybe the lack of Android Auto in a firmware update.

Both my F6B and my Valkyrie are very comfortable, but got to be realistic there too, because neither is stock. I have taller risers and Ultimate seat with back rests on my Valkyrie, plus highway pegs. I have Helibars, Corbin with back rests and Ergo III highway pegs on my F6B.