I went with the Pirelli - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I went with the Pirelli

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Hey nvmyf6,

I just viewed your "enjoying the tail of the dragon" picture posted above..... Well how do we know you were enjoying it? I cant see your smile or your frown?

This sir, is enjoying the dragon

Attachment 6012Attachment 6012Attachment 6013
    You got me on that one.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Its all good. I would love to do some riding out in your neck of the woods. Not a darksider but to each his own. Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by RuneRider66 View Post
    Its all good. I would love to do some riding out in your neck of the woods. Not a darksider but to each his own. Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    The winter tire rubber is a softer rubber, which provides me a more softer comfortable ride.

I made the switch to a car tire back in 2002 that I put on my, two tone blue and silver Valkyrie Interstate, which everyone knows is the fastest color. I had my Valkyrie for 14 years.

Anyways, knowing how well a car tire performs, when I got this F6B, I knew I was going to run a car tire again, so I did a lot of research, reading the message boards, the Goldwing Riders had very good information, also I watched YouTube video reviews from the many tire manufacturers.

With all this information, I decided I wanted to try a winter tire. And so I did, and I decided to go with a run flat.

I am very satisfied with my choice.

Hope this helps,
    Yes it does and I'll try the 32-34 psi in the tire. Thank you Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by f6bcarider View Post
    Yes it does and I'll try the 32-34 psi in the tire. Thank you Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by nvmyf6 View Post
    Thanks. How is your Michelin holding up?
    Oh, I was reading past posts about the Darkside recently, and I came across your question. I didn't see it back then when you posted it.

I have about 20K I conservatively estimate on my Michelin Primacy Alpine 3. Last week I ordered a 195/55R-16 Pirelli Winter Snowcontrol Serie 3 Run Flat 210 from Tirerack.com for $162.00 shipped. Should be getting that tomorrow. I do have a spare wheel that I will have it mounted on.

I think I still have adequate tread depth left for the upcoming Franklin, NC trip. Here is a current pic of the Michelin that's on it.

bbcode image

I played momentarily with the idea of getting another Bridgestone G704 radial but then came to my senses. Why pay almost twice as more for a M/C tire, when these car tires give you way, way better longevity, and the same (if not better) performance for cruisers as what we ride here?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537