The BEST accessory so far
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The BEST accessory so far

The BEST accessory so far

Okay, it is my job to assist in rebuilding this forum, so here goes.

Thee BEST accessory that I have bought so far for this new bike, is the Kuryakyn GranTraveler bag, pictures below. it can be found on WingStuff.com, and I love everything about this bag. It fits perfectly on the back seat area, is extremely well made, serves as a backrest for the rider, and can mount/dismount in seconds.
    Kuryakyn Bag 002.jpgKuryakyn Bag 004.jpgKuryakyn Bag 005.jpgKuryakyn Bag 006.jpgKuryakyn Bag 007.jpg

sweet!!!
    wait so all the silly questions are gone now??
    and all the my black paint sucks are gone????
    we get to start all over!!!

Thanks for this Miles. Ordering one today!!!
    One concern is the clips may cause a little havoc with the paint the way you have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    One concern is the clips may cause a little havoc with the paint the way you have it installed.
    Beagle, I think that the way I have it mounted, the clips will not be a problem for the paint, but one or two of the quick disconnect buckles "may" possible chafe the paint...dependent upon how the bag rides on the back seat area. I feel comfortable with how it is mounted, and...while most of us have concerns with the ODD-quality of how this bike was painted (and I will be calling Honda on this)...I do not sweat the very minor issues if a buckle makes a very small mar in my paint, as long as it was caused by a very functional item. Given the choice, I would rather have this Kuryakyn bag mounted where it is, than to worry about the buckle touching the paint a little. I will keep an eye on it, and let you know. A person could mount it differently, and not have this issue. For me...this is what I like.

Yesterday I did a dry run of dismounting and then remounting the entire bag from and to the bike, and I found that I can take the bag off the bike in 13 seconds, and remount it to the bike in 21 seconds. That is fast enough in my books.

That looks like a nice bag miles. I have purchased a seat bag from areosticth called the Motto Fiz. It's also very good quality and mounts easily, has tons of room and is very versatile. I mix in camping with hotelling so it should work excellent for storage for all my crap and it has straps and cords to attach sleeping pads or tents to it. I'll have to post some pics when I take some mounted to the bike. They have three sizes, small, med and large. I bought the large and even expanded it fits well on the bike and will also be a good backrest.

Ghostrider, it must be this bag: http://www.aerostich.com/bags/seat-b...ags-large.html

That looks good, and very functional, but....does it come with its' own valet to take the bag up to your room for you ? The kuryakyn bag does ( ha ha ha)

Yes, that is the bag. Thanks for posting the link. Wow!!, no it doesn't. haha. I should of read the fine print I guess.

The Kuryakyn 4143 tombstone bag has a built in backrest, three backrest sizes to choose from.

4143tt.jpg

Put on some tie down brackets on the seat posts to save your paint. http://www.texascyclechrome.com/tied...etsgl1800.aspx
    Your friends at Texas Cycle Chrome
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I usually make two - three trips per year that require more that what my saddle bags can carry...when I do need more clothing I use UPS...On our Rune Rally some folks show up with what looks like a refrigerator tied to the back of their bike....way to much for me. I just roll in with my little bag on the back of my
    Rune holding a shield, gloves and sun glasses...I let UPS carry the heavy stuff...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alberta Beagle View Post
    Beagle, as a follow-up to our previous discussion about chafing the paint with the strapping buckles...I just did the ride down to Redding, Cal to have my seat done by Rick Mayer, and while there I needed to remove the new Kuryakyn bag to get at the seat. When the bag was off...NO marks in the paint...at all. I could see where one of the buckles had rubbed onto the top of one of the passenger grab rails, but...the grab rail is 93.14159 times harder than the plastic buckle, so I simply swiped my hand across the grab rail, wiped off the residue of the buckle, and it looked like new.

Again, I am quite happy with the new Kuryakyn GranTraveler bag. It serves all of my needs, and includes a valet to take it up to my room for me. (that was a joke)
    It mounts very quickly, and dismounts even quicker.

Remember if you order one of these...ALL the straps you need are included with this bag. There is NO need to order the additional mounting strapping kit.