The BEST accessory so far - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The BEST accessory so far

Thanks for the update sharing your experience with the bag Miles.

Mine is on order and should arrive next week.

Just a heads-up:

It looks like you can get a slightly better price on Amazon for this bag, if you're so inclined.

http://www.amazon.com/Kuryakyn-GranT...s=grantraveler

I definitely want a tail bag of some kind

But I think I'll try to limit the size. I never had saddlebags on my Roadie, so for long trips I used a T-Bag to pack everything. They are wonderful bags, bu I hated having all that weight up so high. Maybe that's less of an issue on the F6B, since it has a much lower CG to begin with.

Since my long trips will all be one up, I think I can fit all my junk in the saddlebags. I just want one small bag for the rear seat and/or rear rack to carry lightweight "need right now" things - rain gear, bike cover, spare gloves, face shield, etc. I'm starting out with the Oglio Stealth tail bag. http://www.amazon.com/Ogio-Tail-Bag-.../dp/B0035JLODK It looks like that will mount in either place.

If it turns out I need more space, I'll keep the Oglio on the rear rack and add something bigger (like that Gran Tour) for the passenger seat.

As a follow up on the report of this Kuryakyn Gran Traveler bag, I just thought that since I just finished that 5100 miles ride from Seattle to Tennessee and back, I would let you know what I thought of this bag.

LOVE it...Love it...and...I love it.

It was more storage than I could have imagined I would find for the back of this bike. I did utilize ALL of the extra pockets and bags that attach to the main bag. I stuffed the side pockets with road food...granola bars, beef jerkey, etc, that could easily be reached while going down the road. The main bag expands nicely if you want to really stuff it full.

The bag never failed me. I was 100 % impressed with it, and it is a keeper for this bike. It comes off in seconds, and remounts in seconds. I did end up using a very large real sheepskin to place between the bike and the bag, to ward off any chafing, and that helps. There are a couple marring marks on the bike, but I can live with that, for what this bag provides.