Thank you!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Thank you!

Just wanted to say a quick “thank you” to all you guys that post in “the garage” or “accessories” forums or post videos on YouTube. I just purchased my F6B in February and the weather has kept me from getting much ride time but I have had time to research accessories and do a couple of small things to the bike while I wait. The info I’ve received here has made it easy for me to complete these small tasks. I’m probably not as mechanically inclined as most but I do enjoy working on the bike and look forward to doing more as I log more time in the saddle.
    I know it must take a lot of time and effort to take and post videos or write up threads to help the rest of us out. I hope you know it’s appreciated and extremely useful to a lot of people like me.

Thanks again, Tim

You will not find a more helpful, informative, patriotic and giving bunch of riders in any forum than this. No attitudes, well maybe Tony, but beside that the level of expertise, geekability, anal-retentiveness overshadows anything out there and these are the guys that, if you're close enough, will take a ride over and help you without accepting a cent, a beer or two never hurts. You can PM anybody, anytime and they are most willing to help and I know this on a personal level so feel free. Honestly, not just regarding forums but this is the most solid bunch of people anywhere I have ever dealt with, well maybe except Tony. As far as my own expertise I can advise you NEVER to get in front of hosebag while she is texting, all I got.
    Last edited by taxfree4; 04-24-2018 at 02:19 PM.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Mike, how are you making out on that past issue with the hosebag?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Yep, I've been wondering the same thing......AND how's the wife's thinking on that used B you were thinking about???

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Mike, how are you making out on that past issue with the hosebag?
    She had a $100,000 policy cap and the guy behind her had a $50,000 cap so my lawyer is going for all of it. He told me that the video is key because they usually say that motorcycles swerved into the lane and left no space for stopping, however, the video shows the polar opposite. Also, in NYC they pull what they call a sprint report which is the call she made from the scene to 911. It'll give, like the exact time and gps location so since the accident happened at exactly at 9:07 a.m. so when they pull her # from the sprint and she is shown texting 2-3 minutes before then she was texting while driving. We'll see what happens but the video really is going to make the difference here. Thank you for asking will.

My thinking is bribe the wife with nice do dad! Then get yourself a new horse! You thinking!!!!! new 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post
    Yep, I've been wondering the same thing......AND how's the wife's thinking on that used B you were thinking about???
    It's a process and I must have patience tempered with a delicate touch, the advantage of having been married twice before you learn what NOT to do and do the opposite of what your instincts tells you.

Buy the biggest Ring you can afford and tape it to the backrest and ask her if she wants to go for ride! Works everytime.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo Kevin View Post
    My thinking is bribe the wife with nice do dad! Then get yourself a new horse! You thinking!!!!! new 2018
    If I do get one it'll only be the 2013 - 2017 F6B, this is the bike that, after 35 years of riding mostly Harleys, was the bike I had waited for for a long time. I know I have told this story before, ad nauseum, but I traded my brand new Harley Road Glide Custom, with 4500 miles on it, in Big Blue Pearl and lost quite a bit of $ to get the F6B and there never was a day I regretted it.

Well the brightside on this situation is that you are OK, The upside is that you probably hit the Sweet spot on prices for 13-17's looking at cycletrader!