Exhaust Tips

Thread: Exhaust Tips

Exhaust Tips

Has anyone tried changing just the exhaust tips, looking at the big bike parts tips. Any difference in exhaust note, or any drone?

I installed the turn down exhaust tips on my 2013 f6b they made a deeper sound than stock, try taking off the original tips and you will hear the difference. I now have the monster ovals (vance @ hines ) and enjoy the sound. I have the turn down on the shelf if you were close i would let you try them.

Please share a picture if you have picture with the tips installed on the bike. And which turn down tips - Kuryakyn, Show Chrome or Add On ?

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    I installed the turn down exhaust tips on my 2013 f6b they made a deeper sound than stock, try taking off the original tips and you will hear the difference. I now have the monster ovals (vance @ hines ) and enjoy the sound. I have the turn down on the shelf if you were close i would let you try them.

Do you have the torque loops, if not do you notice any drone with the monster Ovals ?

I do not have the torque loops on the bike and there is no drone with the monster ovals, not to loud they add a nice character to the bike nice sound cruising on highway and do not drown out the radio. The turn downs i have are kuryakyn, there are lots of goldwings with them on, i can not post pictures of them. Hope this helps.

I know that my OEM tips are starting to show surface rust on the very ends. Time to sand them down and hit them with low gloss enamel spray paint.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537