Best option for short legs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best option for short legs

I put a 1 inch lower bracket on mine from lower wings. Thicker sole boots and good to go. I’m the same height as you with short legs. The lower wing bracket does not hinder your shock and doing trace but it will change your cornering clearance just a little. I have no problem with that however .

I had a local friend who does seats modify the stock seat to narrow the leg area. There’s a huge gap on stock seat making this workable. He cut the vertical reinforcement ribs on the pan and heated the plastic, then folded the sides down closer to the bodywork. That gained at least an inch of reach. I’m also having him now put in a stiffer foam because I’ve learned a firmer seat lets me ride longer than softer ones. Also bought new HD boots that gained at least another 1/2 inch. Hope this helps.

How can you be 5'" and have no trouble I wonder! I'm 5'7" and the only solution that worked for me, without paying a small fortune, was to get my seat lowered, and have them install a backrest for about $500.00 including shipping. I added risers as well and that solved my problem but I still cannot plant my feet flat on the ground but have good enough control. My only problem is that my seat is harder than before so I'm looking to get a cushion or something.