HD Electric MC, Change or Die?

Thread: HD Electric MC, Change or Die?

HD Electric MC, Change or Die?

I don’t know if this is a “Hail Mary” by a dying brand, but I do know that both of my sons would rather work on their computers than work on their cars. My younger son sees a motorcycle/moped as a convenience for students to get around campus but not much more than that. I love my “B” and ride every chance I get, but I don’t see the younger generation inheriting that passion. The transition to greener vehicles with little or no maintenance may be the key to survival or a dying gasp for HD.

https://electrek.co/2018/04/27/harle...ycles-younger/

If Harley can make it work, more power to them. A couple of years ago they had a demo electric bike set up on a dyno at a local motorcycle show that you could "ride". It was experimental, not ready for prime time. It was also revolutionary. It felt like a bike, it sounded like a bike. I think this could be quite a fantastic ride.

If it goes as usual with HD, they'll be a decade behind the curve. A lady here in central FL took a electric for a day long demo ride, she said it handled great, was loaded with power & wicked fast

Electric motors have instant power, and will always beat an engine off the line
    if the wheels hook up.
    I think one big thing here all of us that have ridden for a while
    will be the sound of that engine below us. It,s like the dog with his head
    the window. think that dog is just like us, no different at all!