FM Radio Antenna Question - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FM Radio Antenna Question

I love the NO sound option as well, that is why My B has a stablemate, a 98 Valkyrie Tour with Viking Exhaust and a Dyna Ignition controller set to 7 degrees, But on occasion I
    do Like to hear some nice music when I pull out the 13 B. Just got tired of poor radio reception here in Flat Indiana. Do the Goldwings have better Radio reception? Still waiting
    to see if anyone on this forum has solved radio reception problems, or has everyone just settled for a work around/alternative.....

It is strange sometimes going from music to the sound of the engine.almost+done.jpg

Nice looking Scoot! MY son has a 98 Valkyrie with Cobra exhaust, so we ride quite often. First rule of thumb is NEVER sell your toys! Just upgrade and add! My bikes will be
    with me till the day, then they will go to a new home.

I noticed whenever I have something charging in the usb plug in the left cubby I get a significant drop in reception. If you have the 12v plug or usb plug try unplugging it to see if it gets better. Otherwise I can get most stations about as close as I would in any of my other vehicles.

FM reception is a big issue with the Wings also. I had better reception with my F6B than I do with my 2015 Wing and the Wing has that long antenna. I believe it all has to do with the fact that a Motorcycle has a very small ground plane compared to a car or truck.
    I chased this issue for a while and finally gave up. I hope you find a better answer than I did.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Sierra Electronics has a few options. I saw a 30" (which I think is spozedta be best for FM) in there and one with a 90 degree hinge for folding when you want to put a cover over it https://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail...%2F15-ANT-AMFM
    And there is a 16" shorty... https://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail...-GL18-FM%2FSAT

UNFORTUNATELY.... Diana from sales says these kits do not have the same thread that the FCB has. They apparently fit the standard 'wings. GRRRRR.
    For $20 Advance Auto sells a universal stubby with 9 different thread adapters
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...990%7CL3*15435
    But I think we want longer than another 7" stubby.
    Somewhere out there will be one.