Americade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americade

Americade

Looks like this might be my first one. Been invited by a group of guys I ride with here. Leaving here June 7th. Not sure for how long yet, but at least a couple nights. They ride Harley's and Indians. I might be the only wing. I've ridden Lake George before with Teach, just not during Americade. I can only imagine what it will be like. Hoping nothing screws this up for me. I need to do things before I croak!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Have fun!

I'm currently putting together a list of rides I want to do, since I now am going into retirement (for the short term). Probably will pick up some sort of little part time job in the fall... but for all practical puposes.. I'm DONE with work

More time to play with my accrued toys now...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I will be going with a local chapter of GWRRA. Let me know where we can meet up.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

You will see a ton of wings at Americade. There is also some great riding in this area. Have a great trip!

I was at Americade last year and enjoyed it tremendously. The main parking area is a large grass field and it is pretty firm but I recommend a pad to put under your kickstand. As a previous poster mentioned there are some great rides in the area. Have fun!!

I'll be there for the week. Lets stay in touch and we can meet up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    I'll be there for the week. Lets stay in touch and we can meet up somewhere.
    I'll be up in Bolton starting this Friday...If anyone wants to get together, give me a text.....518 441-4764

Won't be there until next Thursday with the group I'm going with. I'll see if there's a chance of a meetup. I'll be one of 14. Not sure of their plans yet.

[QUOTE=wjduke;165701]Looks like this might be my first one. Been invited by a group of guys I ride with here. Leaving here June 7th. Not sure for how long yet, but at least a couple nights. They ride Harley's and Indians. I might be the only wing. I've ridden Lake George before with Teach, just not during Americade. I can only imagine what it will be like. Hoping nothing screws this up for me. I need to do things before I croak![/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Two years ago made the decision and go to at least one NEW rally a year.
    Did Laconia 2016, Americade last year, and Daytona this year. Sturgis is next year!
    Americade was a good time and some great rides. Weather can be tricky, 80 one day 40 the next.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Rod

[QUOTE=Radical Taz;166880]
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Looks like this might be my first one. Been invited by a group of guys I ride with here. Leaving here June 7th. Not sure for how long yet, but at least a couple nights. They ride Harley's and Indians. I might be the only wing. I've ridden Lake George before with Teach, just not during Americade. I can only imagine what it will be like. Hoping nothing screws this up for me. I need to do things before I croak![/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. Two years ago made the decision and go to at least one NEW rally a year.
    Did Laconia 2016, Americade last year, and Daytona this year. Sturgis is next year!
    Americade was a good time and some great rides. Weather can be tricky, 80 one day 40 the next.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Rod
    Thanks.....this year will be light, but next year looks better. I've been to Laconia, live close enough. Probably did my last one. Trips like Daytona, Myrtle Beach and the one west FL intrigue me. Sturgis, not at all. I have plenty of time, decent health and will be out there for sure. Got the bike for it, that's for sure. Maybe catch up some day.