I'll just keep it...

Thread: I'll just keep it...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    VStar, I agree with you that you need absolutely nothing in order to have one of the nicest riding experiences out there with your '13 B. This is an unbelievably fine machine. The 18 is a new kind of wonder for sure, but in my modest income bracket, I'm certainly not new to fantastic innovations being too much of a financial stretch. I count myself extremely lucky to have a 16, and have lots left to do with it before all is said and done. I would encourage you, though, if you ever feel froggy, to jump at installing the cruise. I've never had one before this bike and wow is it nice. I drove 200 miles yesterday in some hills and pretty heavy winds and the cruise kept my speed rock steady without wearing me out.

Regards and lots of happy miles to you.

Jason
    Verismo, I just may go for the cruise. I spent a few days before purchasing the '13 deciding whether or not a '15 with cruise was worth it to me for an additional $3000 (this was a Deluxe model), but it was a blue one, I didn't have the money, and 95% of my miles are on two lane country and mountain roads in upstate NY that do not have many stretches that allow for setting cruise on a bike, car, or anything.

In the event I do a long interstate trip, I will get some sort of throttle lock.

I think I am more likely to make a move to buy a leftover full Wing or a lightly used one at this point vs $30,000 for a new one configured the way I want.

Maybe someday, but not now.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

My dealer had an Gold Wing night with a tech rep, videos, and refreshments. New bike is nice but it would cost me $20k OTD along with my 13 B for a new Wing Tour. Just cant write that check. Like others have said I'll stick with my 13 and see if there are any deals on 2015-2016 Full wings or even a newer B with cruise next year.

Demoed the 18s in Laughlin this weekend an bike feels to tight and upright for my tastes. I'm not a huge fan of the look either and I would buy the BMW if I wanted that style. The 15 F6B is the most comfortable, smooth bike right out of the box I've ever owned and it has more power than needed.