ooohh my neck
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ooohh my neck

ooohh my neck

Got a new RDL and needed to adjust my HEILI bars. I'm thinking I shouldn't have moved them as much as I did. Now my neck & shoulders hurt & I don't know which way to move the bars.
    I know, no two people are the same & the UTUBE vids are of little help. Hands relaxed grip, wrist fairly flat, elbows bent, shoulder square & relaxed. I know I must be close but I'm afraid I'll make it worst.
    Anybody have a clue which way I should go? up, down, in, out, those HEILI bars are wonderful but I don't know which way to start. Thoughts & suggestions please.
    Thanks!

The F6B is a tough triangle for me to figure out, too. The good thing about Heli is that they have those hash marks to keep track of where you've moved them, so if you like the general location of them right now, then just note hash marks on a piece of paper and if you get them too far away, you can always refer back to your notes so you can return them to where they currently are. And for the cross bar, a little liquid paper or Scotch tape can mark its current location in case you also want to adjust it.

By the way, how much higher did the Russell seat you? That's my biggest nag about getting one. I love sitting down low on the Mustang.

Jason

put the bike on the center stand. sit down on the seat. close eyes put hands out in a riding position when you get to a proper position open eyes that's where you set bars too. good luck on finding your good spot.

RDL height seems about the same as the Ultimate that came on it. Never rode it w/ the OEM seat.

Was it the Ultimate King or the midrider?

You will find the sweet spot, just keep working at it, you will know when you hit it , she will reward you, your B that is, oh never mind.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Not sure which Ultimate it is. 18" at widest point. Has both driver & passenger back rest, black / dark charcoal w/ dark grey stripe on side. It's a great seat, very comfortable, can ride for hours w/ no issues. I've been using RDL's for 8-10 years and prefer them. RDL's aren't as pretty & sexy as the Ultimate.

Riding position - make it such that you have comfortably bent elbows and NO body weight on the handgrips whatsoever.
    People's necks & traps start jamming up when they are supporting their body weight with their hands.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Thanks! That makes lots of sense.

53 driver - I too have a Corbin Smuggler, sent the seat & back rest to RDL & had them do it over. I'll post pics soon.