Track Day in New England

Thread: Track Day in New England

Track Day in New England

Just did track day at Thompson Speedway with "Tonys Track Days". It was a blast. The day is for non sportbikes and there were about 70 bikes, all kinds of Wings, Indians, and Harleys as well as BMW's and others. Really amazing how you get so much better as the day goes on. They have trainers riding along with you and you have classes in between track time. Not designed to see who can go fast....they really stress that its not about the speed but more about the handling. That being said I did get it up to triple digits on the straightaway once but there is a hairpin at the end of the straight so does not last long. Next class is scheduled for Palmer MA in July and that track is supposed to be a hoot. Oh yeah...if you have the mini boards with lowers.....take them off and put your stock pegs on for the day. I ground the snot off mine but the wings with stock pegs were doing ok.
    www.tonystrackdays.com/

That sounds like some great fun. I would jump at the chance if one was close to me. Two years ago at the SCRC Alabama Rally they arranged to do five laps on the track at Barber Motorsports near Birmingham. No instruction but that was a hoot

I just read the description of the the Palmer track, and he advises using stock exhaust because the track is in a residential area.

Two things come to mind.
    1: How many bikes in your event ran a louder aftermarket exhaust?
    2: Which came first, the track or the houses?
    Just a thought.

I'm pondering how to work out doing a session later in the year. I have family in Ma, and Im sure I could make it into a mini vacation

Quote Originally Posted by VaBob View Post
    I just read the description of the the Palmer track, and he advises using stock exhaust because the track is in a residential area.

Two things come to mind.
    1: How many bikes in your event ran a louder aftermarket exhaust?
    2: Which came first, the track or the houses?
    Just a thought.

I'm pondering how to work out doing a session later in the year. I have family in Ma, and Im sure I could make it into a mini vacation
    Bob
    Some of the Harleys had loud pipes and the instructors bikes all had aftermarket pipes as well. Never been to the Palmer track so not sure about that.