Ghost shift without input from me - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ghost shift without input from me

http://www.justwings.com/index.html

From what I have read this is the tranny guru for Goldwings.Go to his site and read about Ghost shifting and what he has found and how he repairs it.Fix does not look cheap as the engine must come out of the frame.

Thank you for the info.

Hopefully this would be covered by the warranty????

I will take it back to the dealer if it keeps happening???

stevenolts

The Honda dealer could not reproduce the problem on the first time I brought it in to them. I took it back the and they took it out for a long ride and it happened once for them. So they now acknowledge the problem exists.
    They called the problem in to Honda and the answer is:

If I sign saying that I will pay for the labor etc.... if they can't find a problem then they will open it up and take a look. I have to take a risk (of from what I saw above $4000.00 in labor etc...) even though I have a warranty until 2022.

What do you guys think?
    stevenolts

Sounds like BS.
    The dealer has acknowledged the problem exist yet you are obligated to pay for their time if they can't find the fix, I want that job.

Most of us blame it on lazy shifts. And that probably what it is.
    But, We should not be having this problem no mater how we shift.
    Ive had many bikes over the years and never had this happen. Many of them Hondas.
    This bike has an engineering problem with the trans. They are all capable of doing it depending on how you shift, to enable the glitch.
    Lucky for Honda we love everything else about it. Unlucky for us the fix it way out of reach for most.
    I guess Honda thinks they addressed this but Im still hearing about it even in the 15's and 16's.
    They must figure if we can live with it so can they.
    A class action would have done the trick.
    ITS ALL GOOD

My 1981 Honda CB750K has never done this and I drove it all last week when on vacation. I bought it new in 1081 so I have had it a long time. My 2010 Harley Fatboy never did this in the 27,500 miles I had it. My 2007 Honda 919 / CB900 never did this. My 1973 Yamaha DT175 Enduro never did this.