Ghost shift without input from me

Thread: Ghost shift without input from me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My 2013 did it a few times. 5th down to 4th once. Out and back in 5th once. Jumped out of 2nd into neutral once. Perty sure it was lazy shifts.
    I have ADD, so it will probably happen more. Getting in the habit of taking off in 2nd. 1st is so low its not needed unless I'm taking off on a hill.
    I ride a lot with Harley's and noticed my 2nd gear is much the same as their 1st. Its like a creeper gear. Good when pulling a trailer.
    My 13 has 10k miles. Bought it at 8500k and did it right away. If it had done it on the test ride I would not have bought it.
    It also makes a rattling noise while letting the clutch out.
    Ride safe my friends
    ITS ALL GOOD

Well I took it to the Honda dealer in Ft Walton FL
    They rode it for 5 mins / it had no problem while they rode it / so there is no problem for them to fix.
    I made sure they had it in the log.
    If the transmission fails now they can't say I did not try to get it fixed. I have extended warranty until 2022.
    They suggested an oil change with full synthetic. I have used Amzoil since 500 miles so that should not be a problem. Other than that after 38000 miles without being at the dealer they said it needed new tires only. I have a new set waiting in the garage. I have done all the maintenance myself (I guess I must be doing it OK????)

What do you guys think??? Would you accept this answer? It has done this shift in the last few months about 10 -15 times.
    stevenolts