Camping Tent recommendations? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camping Tent recommendations?

+1 on the REI recommendation. After over 40 years in tents from Boy Scouts to deployments in the military, they've got some of the best camping gear out there.
    2016 F6B Deluxe with goodies.

I recommend a circus tent! Stand up like a man and put your pants on whilst standing up, that's what I am talking about!

Seriously, when you compare how compact tents pack and are all lightweight, I pick a tent based on having double the capacity the tent says it can sleep. If it sleeps six, it probably sleeps two comfortably. I don't know if they are small Chinese kids that are evaluated for how many they sleep, but it is often better to go to the next size larger.

The real deal is the quick set up tents. I carry a five man for me and one other, it can be set up in two minutes time which is the way I like it. NO struggles!

I use a Kodiak 4 person canvas tent when I camp by myself but it is heavy. I have a trailer that I pull with my bike and it fits well in there. I'm 62 and can easily set it up by myself. Bought it through Amazon.com.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Amazing what one learns from experience. The tent is for me alone, but I am 65" and a 2 person tent makes sense. I like quality stuff, but your comment that if this is a one time deal, then go to Walmart... Good advice. My next camping trip will likely be to a Marriott...
    ...I'll add my 2c too. Size matters. For one person get a 2 or 3 person tent, for 2 persons get a 4 person tent...etc. It's nice to have a little room for your clothing and other gear on bad weather days, and in my opinion a fly and vestibule are important. Prepare to spend some coin on a decent tent that is light, strong and material that resists mold and mildew.

I like the circus tent suggestion except that you might have trouble shifting with clown shoes, the B's horn is louder that a red bulbous nose, but worst of all you'll seem attractive to bearded ladies....on the flip side you can hydrate on the fly from your water squirting lapel flower and you won't need to worry about sunscreen.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Been doing itfor over fourty years and my recommondation is one you can stand up in and a 3/4 man
    My recommodation is the one in the picture
    You can stand up in it
    Has a heap of room
    and real comfy when it rains
    In Australia a couple of $100

Slick mate...You guys have all the cool stuff. Where on the Gold are you?

Pumper

Thanks for all the advice. I am leaning to a Coleman 3 person. Less than $100; I may never use it again. Rocky Mtns, here I come!

Ok Then no talking and get to riding do tell about the adventure when you have completed your mission keep the rubber down