Changing clutch filter for the first time

Thread: Changing clutch filter for the first time

Changing clutch filter for the first time

I'll be changing the oil in DCT shortly. I've done this many times on earlier 1800's but not on the 2018 DCT. the only thing I am not sure about is replacing the clutch filter. Has anyone done this yet and if so could you give the details about what to expect on removal and replacement. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
    I'll be changing the oil in DCT shortly. I've done this many times on earlier 1800's but not on the 2018 DCT. the only thing I am not sure about is replacing the clutch filter. Has anyone done this yet and if so could you give the details about what to expect on removal and replacement. Thanks
    Your the test mule on this one....please let us know how it works out.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Page 157 of your owners manual will tell you every thing you need to know. Note: before you start you did get the replacement O- ring for the filter cover....

I would imagine it’s very similar to my VFR. After you’ve drained engine oil and before you replace oil, place a small pan or rag under the filter cover. Slowly loosen the cover bolts without removing them to unseat the cover o-ring. A very small amount of oil will come out. Remove the bolts and cover, pop the o-ring off the cover, wipe the cover off and install new o-ring. Pull the filter cartridge out and wipe everything down inside and out, slide the new filter on. Reinstall the cover insuring the o-ring stays seated on the cover race. Evenly tighten the bolts down and torque to spec. Remember, the cover seals with an o-ring so no need to over tighten. BAM !! you’re done..., really it’s very simple, takes about 5 minuets.

You tube is your friend on this one there is a step by step including filter, o rings, crush washer part numbers to order. I have less than 1k on my new GW DCT. So maybe a couple of months I’ll be doing the same.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Of course 2 years later...by now you’ve most likely figured it out!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt